more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
If anyone was "triggered" it was Walton. I hate that term my kids use it jokingly all the time till I had to ban it in the house. People will do things you don't like respond rationally with intelligence and dignity and you always win. Let your self get "triggered" like Walton and you look like a childish jerk.

I agree, don't let someone trigger you. I disagree with your censorship and banning words.

"I may disagree with what you say, but I would give my life to make sure you have the freedom to say it"

May 4, 2016
She lost her cool when she booted the ball that allowed the winning run on base. She lost her cool when she wouldn't shake hands with the opposing coach. She lost her cool when she pushed him in the back after he high fived her shoulder. She lost her cool when she started crying and yelling on the field.

So making a bad play is losing your cool, ok got it. Doing what you did the previous two days is losing your cool, got it. Responding when someone intentionally makes unwanted physical contact with you is losing your cool, ok having a hard time with this one, but if you say so. Responding with emotion ok that is losing your cool, should she should have been cold and robotic like the rest of us. Pushing someone because you don't like them not giving you a hi five is not losing your cool. Wow how enlightening. :confused:

May 4, 2016
I agree, don't let someone trigger you. I disagree with your censorship and banning words.

"I may disagree with what you say, but I would give my life to make sure you have the freedom to say it"

Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing, such as not giving a hi five people you don't like. However after hearing the word at least ten times a day from my kids I used the ultimate parent veto power.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
This thread is looking like it might go on for a few too many pages. I don't know, if this goes past 67 pages, it's overkill.

Let's summarize what we can all agree on.

There is bad blood between the player's family and the Florida coach.

She should've sucked it up and high 5'ved him anyway.
That matter is between her and her coach now. None of our business how he handles it, and if more than 45 pages are used to discuss her punishment, that is overkill.

Florida coach came off looking like a bigger jerk. He is, in fact, bigger. He is taller and heavier and bigger and stronger. And he initiated physical contact. If my remember my southern childhood, a man hitting a young lady was considered improper. Not sure if things have changed.

Auburn coach may have some of the blame for not correcting her earlier.

So, I have come up with the results:

Florida coach gets 67.3% of the blame. It would be 58.9, but I added some because his sorry-not-sorry was a bit un-chivalrous.
Auburn coach gets 11.2% of the blame. That can drop to 5.7% if he gives exactly the punishment that will satisfy DFP posters.
Player gets 19.5% of the blame.

That leaves 2%. I'll give 1.5% to ESPN for having that on camera, 0.2% for DFP for too long a thread, and 0.3% to the first person to disagree with these numbers.

There. Problem solved.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Everyone relax and forget about the high Fives for a minute.

He pushed her, apparently on purpose to elicit a response.
she took the bait and pushed him back and then proceeded to make a big deal of herself after that.

If she pushed him back and walked away, the score would be even and probably no one would be talking about it right now.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Bigger, maybe. Honestly I'd put my money on Fagan in a no gloves cage match. She has that fire you don't want to play with.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
I've posted my thoughts on this already, but have separate thought on this... Maybe TW & HF are on to something here. When was the last time NCAA Fastpitch was on the major sports channels and in the general national news for multiple days like this?

As they say in the entertainment industry "there's no such thing as bad press".

I'd be curious to see how many of you are having people who didn't care at all about Fastpitch ask you about this and have some interest. This will be a huge ratings booster for SEC Network when they play their tournament; should start promoting it now as "The Knockout in Knoxville...This Time It's Personal[™]", and bring in Don King or Vince McMahon to promote it. That would put some eyes on the screens and generate $. Maybe NCAA promotions dept. should set up a Texas player to slug Patty Gasso so the Big 12 will get some love from the networks too!...being facetious of course...

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing, such as not giving a hi five people you don't like. However after hearing the word at least ten times a day from my kids I used the ultimate parent veto power.

Kids today aren't as soft as the last generation. Kids today see people that get triggered as emotional wrecks, something to laugh off as a joke, like when a 3 yearold throws a temper tantrum.

Feel free to dictate your kingdom as you see fit.

May 4, 2016
SMS90- relax....forget about the high Fives for a minute.
He pushed her, apparently on purpose to elicit a response.
she took the bait and pushed him back and then proceeded to make a big deal of herself after that.

If she pushed him back and walked away, the score would be even and probably no one would be talking about it right now.

If I was any more relaxed I be dead. I see your point however he turned to confront her after she shoved him, unless I saw it wrong which is always a possibility.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs