Monsta Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
anyone have any intel on it? core?

varsity HC used to be a big slowpitch guy........is thinking of picking up the monsta hype as a potential team bat - not a ton of NEED for team bats outside a few cage bats they all swing, but he wants to give it a whirl just the same

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
anyone have any intel on it? core?

varsity HC used to be a big slowpitch guy........is thinking of picking up the monsta hype as a potential team bat - not a ton of NEED for team bats outside a few cage bats they all swing, but he wants to give it a whirl just the same

I was a slow pitch guy as well and the Monsta DNA was a very nice bat. As well as many of their more current models. That is why I got my DD the M-18 a couple years ago. She just swung it again a few weeks ago and it was terrible. No sweet spot to speak of. I am not sure about the newer ones but at $149 for the m-18 it was worth the try. The hype looks to be $249. Not sure if that is with or without warranty. In any case I would love to hear that people like this because I would just buy one again for DD. But until then will stick with the ghost adv. send updates if your team gets them. Thanks.

May 20, 2015
Varsity team bat?

no one really uses them......we have a few old xenos they all swing in the cage, we'll have one or two girls that use them.....i just think he wants an excuse to spend a little budget and play with it lol

but this IS maine......we have 7 of 9 starters who play travel, and that makes us one of if not the deepest team in our league.....

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, all Monstas are only ASA/USA approved...no dual stamps.

He has tried to dip into fastpitch, but hasnt done well. His "hype train" tries but the M was junk and the Hype
couldnt even get approved for the smaller weights and the bat had durability issues. And very expensive for a
NR bat. His slowpitch is the same way right now, hot but junk durability and you pay extra for a warranty.
Idiots are paying 3-400 bucks for a NR Monsta slowpitch bat...hahaha. Have had many a friend bust their sp
hypes in a very short time. The lighter balanced hypes were even recalled for performance problems.

Carl is...how can I say...not a very likeable guy and could care less about customers and has sold out just to make money. He is mass producing bats for money and doesnt care. All he does is exclusives so he can pawn 500 to one place and do another. He repaints,
repaints, repaints and sp guys buy it. But seems fp people havent bought into it yet and Im not sure how much fp he will do.

I wouldnt buy a fp Monsta unless I got it for cheap as heck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG