Monsta Hype worth the hype?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
Ive recently been seeing a lot of marketing from Monsta on the Hype bat. I dont know much about the company, but the warranty is attractive. Does anyone have any experience with these bats?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They love marketing, thats why its called the "hype" ;)

Their first few were garbage...the hype slowpitch bat people hated, so all of a sudden it turned into a fp bat.

No experience...only sp. If you dont hang out on the Monsta pages or fb and take reviews from guys on there, you may get more honest ones.
I saw a few for sale from buyers claiming they feel cheap and small ss...some liked them but they needed work. Funny considering
Carl was all over the internet saying they are closest to the compression of any bat :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I couldn't find any (that should be answer my question ha) which is why I asked here.

Exactly. Good bats - even ones that aren't mainstream - get talked about. The Miken Freak Black from about 5 years ago was an example.

Jun 19, 2012
My DD has the hype. No real complaints other than its super light (right on sticker 23oz) she prefers the -9 meta or ghost which feels more endloaded. She said the sweet spot is near the end of the bat so if you center one up it doesn't go as far as if you miss hit it off the end. I can agree with that, using it as a "fungo" twords the end definitely has better performance.

Waiting till I can get my pocket radar back and do some exit velo testing with it.

Reactions: RJK

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
Exactly. Good bats - even ones that aren't mainstream - get talked about. The Miken Freak Black from about 5 years ago was an example.
The universe works in mysterious ways. Last night we had an extra kid at practice and she happened to have one so I got to see it first hand. My impression was that it was a decent bat, definitely a different feel than the ghosts, Louisville or Demarini. It's built a little differently and Im not sure how to describe it. I believe it was also a -10 but it felt way more heavy towards the end of the bat. Saw some good hits and it sounds like it has some pop to it. The comment above from @burlap1980 is pretty accurate I would say from what I saw last night.

Nov 18, 2013
Ive recently been seeing a lot of marketing from Monsta on the Hype bat. I dont know much about the company, but the warranty is attractive. Does anyone have any experience with these bats?
Attractive warranty, but their customer service is suspect. I’d steer clear after seeing some of the antics of their owner.

Jun 20, 2015
honestly, i am suspect of any of these much lesser known F/P bats being to the same level of performance as the big names. Dirty South, marucci, and AXE also leap to mind. If they were really equal too or better, word of mouth would spread like wildfire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi