Model swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
As many have said, this has to be the best thread EVER on this site. The thing I love the most is the variety of successful moves here. These girls get the job done despite the wide range of approaches. Some rotate, some don't. Short strides, long strides--this collection runs the gamut. FFS, you have posted many of these clips, and I want to thank you for all the work you've done. Over all the years I've been working with hitters, it has always been hard to find clips anywhere but somewhere someone was selling something or some kind of cookie cutter approach. I feel like I understand hitting a little more each day--just in time for DD's freshman year.

As someone who's done a lot of work with video with marginal results, I'm looking to upgrade my clip editing capability. I'm going to try anyvideoconverter, but not sure it supports Mac OS. Would be possible for you to post more of the clips in even slower motion. The slower, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2009
Dave,

A great piece of advice that someone posted elsewhere on this forum is to download the pictures to your local machine and then pull them up in Quicktime. Using your right arrow key you can then step through the frames one by one and examine the swing in great detail.

Mark

Jun 21, 2010
Dave,

A great piece of advice that someone posted elsewhere on this forum is to download the pictures to your local machine and then pull them up in Quicktime. Using your right arrow key you can then step through the frames one by one and examine the swing in great detail.

Mark

Thanks for sharing that. Frame by frame analysis is what I like to see.

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
Okay, so I get what you mean. I have QT Pro on my machine, so no problem there, but I am missing the piece that allows me to load the animated .gif files to my machine. When I try to save them to my machine, all I get is a single still. Any input?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
First, find a GIF you like.

Directions using Mozilla Firefox:
1: Place mouse cursor over the GIF you wish to download to your computer.
2: Right click on the mouse and select "Save Image As...".
3: A menu will come up allowing you to save the GIF to a location of your choice.

Directions using Internet Explorer:
2: Right click on the mouse and select "Save Picture As...".
3: A menu will come up allowing you to save the GIF to a location of your choice.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Texas A&M's Meagan May, HR, 4/25/2010:

11lk5k2.gif

2nlyct5.gif

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
First, find a GIF you like.

Directions using Mozilla Firefox:
2: Right click on the mouse and select "Save Image As...".

Directions using Internet Explorer:
2: Right click on the mouse and select "Save Picture As...".

Thanks. I just figured it out just exactly that way on my own. For a computer geek, sometimes I can be soooo dull-headed :)
The scary part--now I can frame-by frame about 200 swings. DD and DW may not see me for a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck