Model swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
My motion analysis software only uses .avi.

Does anyone know of anyway to convert these .gifs to .avi?

I tried one program that worked, however, the transparencies and global palettes caused all the .gifs I tried from this thread to have an extreme amount of black in them once converted.

May 13, 2008
My motion analysis software only uses .avi.

Does anyone know of anyway to convert these .gifs to .avi?

I tried one program that worked, however, the transparencies and global palettes caused all the .gifs I tried from this thread to have an extreme amount of black in them once converted.

You can open the .gifs in Apple QuickTime Player and advance them frame by frame with the slider (or keyboard).

Sep 29, 2010
Thats what I am doing now. However, I have RightView Pro and I would love to use some of these .gifs in the Motion Analysis Software. The Edit points for the different segments of the swing are especially useful when I sync them up to videos of my daughter. She has no choice but to listen when she is seeing herself side by side with girls that have "made it".

I am most interested in the Hawaii and UCLA girls from this thread but I can not get them converted to a useable .avi.

Sep 29, 2010
30 FPS would have more Frames than a 15 FPS video, so you can't convert from 15 to 30 because you don't have the missing farmes. Not sure about 30 to 15, I guess you could convert to lower FPS.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS,

Can these video converters change a video from 15fps to 30 fps or is that just a camera issue?

No. One can convert 30fps to 15fps (basically by deleting every other frame), but one cannot technically convert 15fps to 30fps (other than duplicate each frame, which basically serves as a crude way of slowing down the video but does not add frame clarity). Bottom-line ... sounds like an issue with the camera. Just an opinion mind you ... but I find 30fps is adequate for most of what we look at here. Less than 30fps looses critical detail that is helpful in our analysis ... IMO. 60fps is nice in that it captures additional detail over 30fps, yet the file size is still quit manageable ... allowing for quick & detailed analysis. Beyond 60fps, for example 300fps or 600fps is way overkill IMO ... it adds little detail relative to the scale we are looking on and makes handling (including frame-by-frame analysis) much more cumbersome without giving us any significant additional information relative to our routine needs.

Sep 29, 2010
I like 60 FPS as you get more clarity on the bat and ball. 30 FPS is adequate, but you tend to get more bat and ball blur.

If I am looking at barrel path relative to ball plane, I need 60 FPS to get a better idea of what i am seeing.

Sep 29, 2010
Oh and Five. Thanks for the converter. It does exactly what I need it to do. In fact it replaced two pieces of software for me. Thanks a ton!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd