Miken Freak Black - ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
What am I missing here?

I recently bought this bat for my DD teammate in a 32" 22oz. Picked it up for 148.00 shipped off of the bay. Figured can't go wrong at that price.*

Not being able to resist hitting all of the bats that come through my door I took a few swings of the tee with it. My jaw dropped at the performance of this bat.
Ball absolutely explodes on contact.*

Being a skeptic I asked my DD to take a few swings, not telling her my opinion ofcourse

She took 5 swings and looked at me and said WOW this bat has a lot of POP.

My DD swings a 31/20 2012 CF5 and a 31/21 2015 2 Legit for comparison purposes.

Am I missing something or is this bat just not popular because of the Miken name?*
As far as I'm concerned this bat should be flying off the shelves.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Sshh!! Or maybe not....

This bat is definitely a hidden gem. My DD loves this bat, and yes! this bat hits like a truck!

I love that this bat is cheap due to what I assume is lack of demand. Now also worried it may go the way of the dodo for the same reason.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
I have resisted buying this bat for my DD (she swings an LXT now that is just a year old), but I keep reading such great reviews. She may get one yet...I mean, a girl can never have too many bats, right?

May 26, 2013
South Florida
I have resisted buying this bat for my DD (she swings an LXT now that is just a year old), but I keep reading such great reviews. She may get one yet...I mean, a girl can never have too many bats, right?

I personally can't stand the LS bats. Just can't get passed the sound they make. My DD also hates the way they feel.

The Demarini CF5 is a phenomenal bat, she was drawn to the 2 Legit because of the color. She now realizes that you can't determine a bats performance based on its looks. The 2 Legit has very good POP, but a small Sweet Spot compared to the Demarini.

The Miken was a great deal so i figured we would give it a shot.
So glad we did. Ordered her a 31/21 and will have it tomorrow.

I'll update on performance after we take some live BP sessions.

Oct 10, 2011
I would agree that this bat is smoking hot and it out distanced DD's Mako, but she still preferred the Feel of the Mako. I think it's a great bargain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA