Miken Freak Black - ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know the Miken Freaks were popular slowpitch bats a few years ago, but for some reason they have struggled breaking into the fastpitch market. I do remember the Miken Rain a few years ago, but it was nothing special.

Jan 24, 2009
I know the Miken Freaks were popular slowpitch bats a few years ago, but for some reason they have struggled breaking into the fastpitch market. I do remember the Miken Rain a few years ago, but it was nothing special.

Before the Rain, the 'Lite' version of the Halo was awfully popular. It was probably the most sought after high drop bat for little girls until Demarini took over the ultralight market.

May 7, 2013
Seymour, In
I have to say, my DD loves her Freak Black. Her cf6 hasn't come back out of the bag since.

Also to add, we have played several tourneys since we picked up the Freak and I have still not seen another one being used. I like our not so popular secret weapon.

Last edited:
May 12, 2015
dd got a 31/21 after reading reviews here.. ill say this, it is hotter than anything she has swung, sprite, makko etc, but it is NOT as balanced as the sprites she prefers.. i found it to be dead on for weight on my digital scale (within half an ounce).. she's a little over 90# and 11yo, swings a 32/21 sprite of a teammates in games and has noticeably better bat control and speed than with the 31/21 freak.. make no mistake, i am not selling off the freak cause i cant wait till she adds a couple more pounds. my best comparison is to the old xeno that was hot as heck.. if your kid can swing it, buy one..

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I bought one for my 17yr old dd. I too wanted to test it out. After about 25 mediocre hits, it started warming up. In no time it had light pole power.... Meaning, I literally got a few balls up and over the outfield light poles on a 200' fence....amazing pop

Sep 18, 2011
DD will probably hit the tryout season pretty soon, and one of the teams is sponsored by Miken, so if she plays for that team she will have to use a Miken bat. She is used to a 34/25 Xeno. Would going to a lighter 34/24 FB be that big of a deal? Always assumed power hitters used drop 8 or 9 bats, but after seeing this thread I'm beginning to think that a drop 10 would be fine. Good thing is that she might get to demo this bat at tryouts.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
29 dad. Just my thoughts that probably mean nothing significant. It seems to me that my dd's swing goes down hill if the bat is too light. She typically swings a 24oz lxt or a 24oz rockettech. Now her bff swings a 23oz miken black to which trying my dd said it feels like swinging a pvc pipe. Not sure about her options but Miken has some stupid hot slow pitch bats in 26oz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC