Michigan State Trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Larry Nassar did assault at least one Spartan softball player. Megan Kelly interviewed her, she brought it to the attention of the school and they told her if she wanted to play, to be quiet about it because it was “treatment”.

Megyn Kelly also interviewed a gymnast who was assaulted by Larry Nassar. She went directly to the head gymnastics coach. The head gymnastics coach told her she was lying. She then summoned all of the other gymnasts to the room and tried to shame her for making the accusation. Another gymnast said “he did it to me too”. The head gymnastics coach threatened to run them out of the sport if they didn’t keep quiet. The school administration is now stating that these young girls did not report the abuse to a high enough level.

In at least one other case the gymnast reported abuse to her parents and they didn’t believe her. How awful would that be. For everyone.

I would never, ever send my kid to Michigan State after that, no matter how many of those criminals they fire. And they should fire all of them who knew or should have known. Fixing all this is long overdue.

There are many wonderful male coaches who are involved in women’s sports for all the right reasons. But don’t kid yourself, there are some who are not. Need to keep our eyes and ears open, always.

Larry Nassar is lucky some parent didn’t go all Dexter on him. He certainly deserves it.

Not just men. In my neck of the woods, there have been a couple female softball coaches who have recently been charged with inappropriate sexual relations. Yes, we need to keep our eyes and ears open always...being careful not to make false assumptions of course. God knows it's tough enough to be a coach sometimes.

Dec 11, 2010
Not just men. In my neck of the woods, there have been a couple female softball coaches who have recently been charged with inappropriate sexual relations. Yes, we need to keep our eyes and ears open always...being careful not to make false assumptions of course. God knows it's tough enough to be a coach sometimes.

Concur 100%. My bad for implying otherwise.

Gender is not a reliable predictor of criminal activity.

And these people are criminals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00