metal cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
My DDs puts on her cleats on the field before her first game, and takes them off when packing up after her last game. The only walking around in cleats she does is a bathroom or snack run between games. For practices, she puts them on and takes them off in the dugout.
awesome, most are not that carefule (or considerate, I hate that sound)

May 6, 2015
I recall seeing soccer cleats like that when I was in HS (mid-'80s).

i recall seeing recently a football game where they were changing the players cleats out (just the spike, not the shoe, would have taken half an hour to cut the tape off) mid game, because it was muddier than expected. so they are still made like that at least for FB.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
awesome, most are not that carefule (or considerate, I hate that sound)

Hmmm...I see it done this way a LOT more than I see cleats being put on in the parking lot. It was a pretty dramatic change in that regard when they went to metals. Slip-on sandals tend to be the most frequent parking lot-to-field footwear, but there has been a recent upsurge in decorated Crocs.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD has just moved to 14u... Oddly, the coach has recommended that the girls NOT get metals, says its hard on bodies and that there is plenty of time to play in metals. Anyone heard this or something similar?

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I used to have metal cleats which you could actually just replace the cleat part..do they even sell those anymore?
DD has some Nike cleats that had replaceable spikes when she was 14. They wore out really fast. Think I replaced them twice in a year. Had an Allen wrench to remove and replace. Dirt got packed in the holes and was a bear to get out without stripping the head. Definitely a thumbs down.

Jun 8, 2016
DD has some Nike cleats that had replaceable spikes when she was 14. They wore out really fast. Think I replaced them twice in a year. Had an Allen wrench to remove and replace. Dirt got packed in the holes and was a bear to get out without stripping the head. Definitely a thumbs down.
I bought mine 30 years ago..things lasted longer back then :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA