metal cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
at what age are the players allowed to start wearing them?

what are the advantages to them?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
14U. More grip.

Metal spikes also take longer to wear off*

* This was a theory I believed until my kid actually started wearing metals. She wears the spikes off in about 6 months, which is about the same as the plastic ones. Damn catchers!

Jun 8, 2016
* This was a theory I believed until my kid actually started wearing metals. She wears the spikes off in about 6 months, which is about the same as the plastic ones. Damn catchers!
I used to have metal cleats which you could actually just replace the cleat part..do they even sell those anymore?

May 6, 2015
14U. More grip.

Metal spikes also take longer to wear off*

When at tournaments, I hear older girls walking around in their metal cleats tons on the sidewalks and parking lots. I think durability has a lot to do with this, probably need to take them off immedaitely after game/practice unless you have back to backs.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
When at tournaments, I hear older girls walking around in their metal cleats tons on the sidewalks and parking lots. I think durability has a lot to do with this, probably need to take them off immedaitely after game/practice unless you have back to backs.

My DDs puts on her cleats on the field before her first game, and takes them off when packing up after her last game. The only walking around in cleats she does is a bathroom or snack run between games. For practices, she puts them on and takes them off in the dugout.

Jun 8, 2016
Dang, how old are you?
Younger than you old man (44)... ;) You could unscrew the cleats and then replace them. I think I had the same cleats all through HS and the two years I played in college. My father wasn't one to buy me new stuff unless I really, really, REALLY needed it and I wasn't one to have a job ( I didn't get my first job until after my soph. year in college..cleaning toilets and such at a highway rest stop..that was fun) :LOL:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Younger than you old man (44)... ;) You could unscrew the cleats and then replace them. I think I had the same cleats all through HS and the two years I played in college. My father wasn't one to buy me new stuff unless I really, really, REALLY needed it and I wasn't one to have a job.. :LOL:

I recall seeing soccer cleats like that when I was in HS (mid-'80s).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee