New Rawlings Pro1000 - TIP vs. Traditional Grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2020
SE Wisconsin
Hi All!

With lots of help from a well known member of this forum, we just received a Morton's Rawlings 12" Pro1000HTB. DD is coming from a 12" Liberty Advanced so this will definitely be a step up for her.

Quick question for those with knowledge of wearing traditional vs. TIP (2 in the pinky). Up till now DD has always worn her gloves traditional but there seems to be advantages to TIP. DD mostly plays pitcher and middle IF but also some 3B and OF. Interested to hear informed opinions on TIP, especially those that have converted from traditional to TIP.

Thanks!

20230702_172941.jpg20230702_173038.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wow, the Tan color in that palm shot, giving me the feels!! 😘 And look at that square heel, that’s definitely a TIP glove!

DD checked it out yet, does she hate it?

Apr 23, 2020
SE Wisconsin
Wow, the Tan color in that palm shot, giving me the feels!! 😘 And look at that square heel, that’s definitely a TIP glove!

DD checked it out yet, does she hate it?
No hate and somewhat open-minded to TIP for now! Haven't started the break-in yet though...Obenauf's due to arrive today so I will treat the palm liners before break-in.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Gee, I wonder who that member is? 🤣

Seriously, TIP is the way to go, especially for stiffer gloves and mitts. It helps keep the finger out of the danger zone, and it makes the glove easier to close. It's a win win. I never used that method, even in all my years playing baseball, until about two years ago, and I can't believe I never tried it before.

Jan 16, 2020
I've said it here before. It was recommended to me by probably that same member. My DD was a smaller, quicker outfielder, switched around 10 or 12u. Really helped when we started buying bigger size gloves, 12.5, now 12.75 (Marucci customs ask wear preference). She has since grown a foot, has turned from quick to fast, will not even consider wearing a glove traditional. Infield practice days with a smaller (12in) glove, still TIP. I don't think its as common around here, but every time she's working with younger girls, she'll get them to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles