Maybe I should have told the truth.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 25, 2010
Yeah, that was an old pic from another post. My dad, 72, still calls all us kids to remind us of tag renewals, filing taxes, property tax, like we are still 18. I always say, "thanks dad, I'd forgot".

lol, just checking. mine ran out in jan and I didn't realize it til end of feb

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
GD, back to your original question yes, I have the same issue. My wife doesn't like how much time I spend out watching games. And yes, I've been busted for it.

One of the biggest things that happens with me is I'll say I'm going out to watch "a" game and end up gone for four or five hours. At which point I receive a text. I know what it says without even looking at it. It says "Where are u?" But it's pronounced "Where in the He** ARE u?"

Well I got busted tonight by the wife. A couple of hours ago I told her I was running to the local hardware store to get a few items. ( I'm building a wooden bridge over one of our streams ) On the way back home I noticed the lights on at our town fields, thought I might stop by for a few mins and watch from the truck. After about 5 mins I thought, I'll just go to the bleachers for a few. About an hour later I get a text from the ole lady.....................

Her: coming home soon?
Pause
Me: yes, dang store is packed
Pause
Her: I had to drop Heather off at ball ( the neighbors kid ) thought I saw your truck
Long pause
Me: baby, there are a lot of F150's out there
Long pause
Her: well this one has your personalized tag on it ( FSTPTCH )
Very quick reply
Me: I'm leaving now, be home in a min :(

Wife thinks I spend too much time watching/talking ball as it is. LoL Anyone else ever been busted?

LOL busted ........in all honesty I've been busted several times myself

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Wife thinks I spend too much time watching/talking ball as it is. LoL Anyone else ever been busted?

Three weeks ago:
Wife: Honey, promise me you will fix the hallway wall repair that has been unfinished for 6 months BEFORE WE PLAY our first tournament in the Spring?
Me: Sure
One week ago:
Me: I am going to work on the hallway and finish it today.
Wife: Great!
Once I got all finished and ready for paint.
Me: Honey I need to go get a can of paint to match the Hallway.
Wife: Okay

So I left and on the way to the store saw some teams playing ball for practice on a sunny 55 degree day. So I stopped, went down and watched....for over an hour.
Then went to get paint.

I was asked what took so long....I had to fess up. :( I can't help it. I cannot get enough.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Last summer we had a family vacation planned. The week before the vacation I decided to search some sites to see if any tournaments were being played near where we were staying. Sure enough I found one. But how do I bring this up to DW and DD? Shortly after we arrived at our room and unpacked, DW asks "I wonder if there are any softball games going on?". "Well, as a matter of fact...." :) She got a chuckle out of it, but just shook her head when I pulled a copy of the pool schedule out of my suitcase!! We did go to see several games that weekend as a family.

Mar 28, 2013
Remind your wives how lucky they are! of all the bad things they could possibly bust you doing watching fast pitch is close to the bottom of the list of offenses.LOL;)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Remind your wives how lucky they are! of all the bad things they could possibly bust you doing watching fast pitch is close to the bottom of the list of offenses.LOL;)

seriously....fastpitch is a great husband sitter. No alcohol allowed at the fields (mostly- I have seen some guys pretty drunk at Big League Dreams), constantly surrounded by parents the mom knows so they have their mommy network keeping tabs, typically spending time with a daughter, getting a little exercise when coaching. Husbands can find much worse ways to occupy their time.

Apr 25, 2010
seriously....fastpitch is a great husband sitter. No alcohol allowed at the fields (mostly- I have seen some guys pretty drunk at Big League Dreams), constantly surrounded by parents the mom knows so they have their mommy network keeping tabs, typically spending time with a daughter, getting a little exercise when coaching. Husbands can find much worse ways to occupy their time.

Unless he comes across one of those amoral husband-hunting divorced softball moms. They are vicious and difficult to remove...lol.

And no, I am not even remotely saying all divorced softball moms are this way. Only the very special ones.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Friend of mine and past coach to my dd was on vacation and stopped to watch a baseball practice ran into a guy he knew from the org. They had played in college together he ends up doing a clinic for the catchers for all the age groups. Several hours later his wife goes looking for him and finds him there. She knew to look for the nearest ball fields

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1