Matrix?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2011
NC
For those that use the Matrix as part of their teaching process, how much time and or repetitions to you utilize in a typical training session on this tool?

Aug 31, 2010
Tallmadge, Ohio
To me it depends on what DD needs to work on that day, we usually always use some during practice so she can feel any adjustments she makes. Early on in her training we used a lot more than now 30-40% or more, now more like 10-20%

May 13, 2008
Like fourts said, we use it a lot early on in training to help instruct, burn muscle memory, and help the student feel the swing. Typically we break it out as needed, or in other words, when mechanics break down from time to time. My daughter will use it during warm-ups or just to take a breather, but it is a part of almost every hitting session. We use it during pre-game, in the circle, or anytime.

Oct 14, 2008
Its a pre game ritual for the team while they are waiting on their turn at either the t or soft toss. In my opinon it is a tool that you never stop using.

Tim

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
We do it as a team at hitting practices after warmups and before games before players go to tees, bunting or front toss stations.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
002-1.jpg

Like SB, Boulder and Cshilt I use the matrix drill.

How I use it 90% of the time is put them in front of this mirror. the tape is at right angles
Back of hitter lines up with one that makes the tilt, arms and bat on rotation lines up with the other blue line

I watch how they turn, and if it is connected and on plane.
I adjust accordingly.

Had a new girl come for the second time and we did the matrix and she said ohhhhhhhhhh, I was wondering what that blue tape was for.
That amused me!!!

Straightleg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
NC
thanks

Thanks for the input from everyone I believe I have a clearer picture. SL I like the mirror seems like that would help as well. I am working mostly with younger kids right now on an indivual basis, I also help a HS team and 16u team in my area this I believe will benefit all. My own daughter has gone on to play at the D1 level, so I enjoy helping other kids and their parents along the way. Again thanks to everyone.

Larry

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Mike
The matrix is doing the swing in slow-motion
Load/Toe touch - separation/Elvis move/parrallel to contact/contact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877