Mask Hypothetical

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would DD seriously consider quitting if she hit and permanentaly injured a pitcher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 11, 2010
DD has been on both sides of hitting pitchers and being hit. She is currently recovering from being hit very hard just above the knee by a very hard hit ball.

It's part of the game. Good hitters are going to hit pitchers. It isn't on purpose.

It is also very, very important that umpires understand that when they shrink the zone and make the pitchers throw to the middle of the plate it is dangerous for pitchers. It isn't better bats, it's better batters.

The umpire that contributed to my dd getting hit got a brief and direct piece of my mind. I was quiet, polite but firm. No one heard it but him and me. He flipped out and bellowed about ejecting me while I was tending to my dd. He made a total jackass of himself. He was blabbering to parents from other teams about me the rest of the day and telling all that would listen that sb needs to go back to wood bats. Ain't gonna happen, Blue. It's the batters, not the bats. Give her the corners and we won't have to carry her off the field.

Edited to add: I am not a call arguing guy. I don't complain about balls and strikes. We see this umpire all summer long. He is a hothead and usually blows a call or two a game. I have never complained because he sucks for both teams, it evens out long term.

Now he knows me and now he knows my dd. She will probably pay for my comment the rest of her pitching career no matter how right I was. His conduct during and after our game proved to me that he is living in 1995 and did not understand the concept. The whole situation really stinks.

Last edited: