Louisville Xeno Pro vs. Icon Gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I'm looking for a new 12.5" fielder's glove for my DD, who is verbaled to a school that has Louisville as their equipment sponsor (enrolling in 2017). I want to get her a Louisville glove.

I'm seeing the Icon as the top-line glove on their website, but that line seems to be discontinued when I'm looking at online retailers. The Xeno Pro seems to be the new top model, but it's not on Louisville's website. Anybody have any idea what the story is?

Any leads on good prices for these gloves, or valid coupon codes? TIA.

Jun 24, 2011
From what I've learned, the Icon line was made by Nokona. Compare the catcher's mitt to a walnut crunch and the pattern is identical. I can't recall the website, but I've seen the whole Icon line selling for $119 - internet search should get you there.

I haven't seen the new Xeno Pro line anywhere yet, but "oil-treated leather" means it will turn floppy, at least in my experience. I am really interested in the catcher's mitt, as I like the pattern a whole lot. Our hitting instructor's daughter plays at a Louisville sponsored D1 school, so I'm hoping to see the new gloves in person in the next couple weeks.

My team has a few of the new Xeno Pro gloves. They are definitely not the same as the Icon, but are very nice gloves made from good leather. They should run about $200 at retail.

The new gloves/mitts do not have the same type of super-stiff, hard-to-break-in leather of a Nokona. I would classify them as more similar to the Wilson A2000 fastpitch line. They are more "game ready" than the Icon but the leather is definitely stiffer and better than the that used in the standard Xeno line.

While they've only had them a couple of months, the girls really like the Xeno Pros that they have. So do I. Hope that helps.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I bought my DD a 12" Icon (ICF1200) before I bought her Vinci from Casedawg. It was 2 or 3 months old and I sold it to
a teammate of my DD for $50.00. For a 12" glove is was HUGE and heavy. That girl has had it for right at a year and its
a floppy rag already. My local Play it Again has them for $99.00 and the guy I always deal with says he can't give them
away. They look great online and when it was new it was a great looking glove, just too much oil in the leather.

That same Play it Again last week had a new Icon fastpitch mitt for $39.00. As soon as I saw the price I was just going
to buy it just to try. I found an old 12" ball and walked around playing with it. After 5 minutes I hung it back on the
rack, it just felt horrible ! Great deal and great looking mitt but I just could'nt buy it.

Not sure how accurate these facts are, the Icon series gloves were made for LS by Insignia. Insignia is made up of investors
who bought a 50% stake in Nokona some 9 or 10 years ago. So #10 is right. Its basically a Nokona.

ScottyDont, check out Don Morton's site (ballgloves.com) and look at the "C55" horween Pro Flares or the cream Pro Flares.
Both blow the Icon away, no comparsion. These are baseball gloves so no velcro. Don't know how you feel about that?
Also, your DD may be a grandmother by the time she breaks a horween in.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish