Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
(9 YO) DD doesn't need one yet but I figured I would start a thread for future reference. Give me your top 3 gloves for a MI.

As a reference she is using a Louisville Slugger Xeno Pro Series: FGXNPBN5-1175 right now and has used it for over 2.5 years (almost 2 years of TB) and it is actually holding up pretty well. She is moving up to a 12" ball in the Fall but they have played a few 12U tournaments already, and I hit her infield with a mix of 11" and 12" balls, she seems fine with the 11.75" glove

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2015
11.75 is a good size. If she’s comfortable with that glove I don’t see any reason to change for now. Most MI use 11.5 or 11.75. 3b is at 11.75-12 in general. AD will tell you Rawlings all day but I’d say for most girls Rawlings hand stalls are too big. Wilson customarily has a smaller hand stall. Bradley baseball makes gloves specifically tailored for kids and has FP versions. Personally have never tried one but look of excellent quality and he gets very good reviews. I upgraded my daughter in her second yr. 12u to a higher grade glove but still not top level. For young players it’s all about closeabilty IMO.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We’re at Cherry Grove beach (North Myrtle) right now, I went to the Rawlings outlet yesterday. They had a sale rack of various Heart of the Hides hanging in the middle of the store.

They had probably 7 or 8 of the 12” Pro206-6JTB on sale for $160.00, smoking deal, $100.00 off!

The Pro206 is a great MI pattern, this particular model is the replacement for the camel colored Pro206-6CB that Anna is using right now.

Gary is the guy I was dealing with yesterday at te outlet, one of the members at SoftballFans asked me if I’d look for a particular Pro Preferred Spring Training glove, they had one in stock. This guy bought it over the phone while I was there and Gary boxed it up for shipment. They do charge tax, but shipping is free.

Pattar, I can easily come up with more options for you but that one is still fresh on my mind from yesterday and it’s just a killer deal and an excellent pattern! And of course it’s a baseball glove, no velcro!!;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
11.75 is a good size. If she’s comfortable with that glove I don’t see any reason to change for now. Most MI use 11.5 or 11.75. 3b is at 11.75-12 in general. AD will tell you Rawlings all day but I’d say for most girls Rawlings hand stalls are too big. Wilson customarily has a smaller hand stall. Bradley baseball makes gloves specifically tailored for kids and has FP versions. Personally have never tried one but look of excellent quality and he gets very good reviews. I upgraded my daughter in her second yr. 12u to a higher grade glove but still not top level. For young players it’s all about closeabilty IMO.
Me, Rawlings??
That Pro206 I was just talking about, I tried 3 or 4 on, they were split, 2 had normal hand stalls and 2 had extremely small hand stalls. I had planned on ordering Anna a DM Pro1000, and I still may? But before I leave vacation I may ride back down there and pick up one of these 206’s, just too good of a deal.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And with this 206 being part of the Pro200 family, they like to close thumb to pinky. If your DD uses the finger shift (TIP) this glove is perfect!

Anna wears her 206 traditional with index finger in, so it works wearing it both ways.

Jun 8, 2016
And with this 206 being part of the Pro200 family, they like to close thumb to pinky. If your DD uses the finger shift (TIP) this glove is perfect!

Anna wears her 206 traditional with index finger in, so it works wearing it both ways.
I don't think she uses finger shift..I just hit her ground balls and make sure she isn't flipping her glove and gets around balls she should..never asked about how she puts her hand in her glove. You guys are too fancy. Back when I played you put all of your fingers in the stalls unless you stuck out your index finger (which I did) :p

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yep, me too, traditional with index finger out. Two-in-the-picky increases the pocket size, it keeps the index finger out from behind the pocket to eliminate index stingers, and it greatly increases a young girls hand strength to close a ball glove!

Jun 8, 2016
Yep, me too, traditional with index finger out. Two-in-the-picky increases the pocket size, it keeps the index finger out from behind the pocket to eliminate index stingers, and it greatly increases a young girls hand strength to close a ball glove!
Makes sense..good to know!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood