Looking for some Hitting Practices ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2012
Hey guys,

I am holding some hitting practices for a 12u team.. I have an hour with these girls, so just getting an idea of what stations would be best. I have some in mind but just getting some different ideas. I do want to include me pitching to the girls and at least giving them a bucket of balls off of a front toes.. just want to optimize it the others and don’t want them to be standing around that much if possible.. I will probably have 6-7 girls.. and possibly finish with some sort of game at the end..

Thanks for any pointers

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Front toss like you said, long tee is good ,self toss, pepper , walk ups are great as well. If you are looking to do these drills correctly , there are some threads on here. You just gotta search them up. As with any skill that is learned make sure their technique is good . Now that is a whole other thread . Lol. good luck!

May 19, 2016
Hey guys,

I am holding some hitting practices for a 12u team.. I have an hour with these girls, so just getting an idea of what stations would be best. I have some in mind but just getting some different ideas. I do want to include me pitching to the girls and at least giving them a bucket of balls off of a front toes.. just want to optimize it the others and don’t want them to be standing around that much if possible.. I will probably have 6-7 girls.. and possibly finish with some sort of game at the end..

Thanks for any pointers

In some of my DDs practices they will play a game at the end where each batter gets a turn. Each turn consists of 5 swings. With you having 6-7 girls you could easily do 10 swings. I guess It would depend on how much time at the end you would allot for the game. Each swing has a point value. Swing and a miss would be zero points, foul ball one point, lazy grounder 2 points, lazy pop fly three points and so on, you can assign the point value as you see fit. Add up the points of their total swings and that's their score. Highest score gets to lead the team cheer In the next game or whatever reward you want to place upon It. Just a simple competitive game that the girls seem to get excited for. It also gives them the notion that every swing matters. I'm sure you will get a lot of great ideas from more experienced people on this board but I thought Id throw that out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom