Looking for best end loaded or bat with some weight for 14 yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
The ball flies off the Xeno much quicker than the CF6, but the ball travels further with the CF6, if that makes sense.

No it don't make sense - and to anyone with math/sciences prowess.

A ball can't accellerate or decellerate after being affected by the bat (given the same ball and the same environment it flies through).

Seriously - I hear soooo many Xeon fans say this but if they step back a moment they might finally conclude that they are the subject of "audio-wizardry" that the Xeno seems to charm people with. Some reason they feel that glass-breaking sound must mean it's hit sooo much harder.... NOT.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Tourney last weekend 22 12U teams, best hits from the girls came from Mako's, LXT's, CF6/5 insane's, Rochetechs and SRV4B's. Quite a few Xeno's but only a couple decent hits that I saw and I like the older Xeno's. 2014 Xeno hitter on our team is struggling with hers, seems like it still is not broke in even after 1000+ hits...

But...the OP said end loaded bat...

Tourney last weekend 22 12U teams, best hits from the girls came from Mako's, LXT's, CF6/5 insane's, Rochetechs and SRV4B's. Quite a few Xeno's but only a couple decent hits that I saw and I like the older Xeno's. 2014 Xeno hitter on our team is struggling with hers, seems like it still is not broke in even after 1000+ hits
I still have not seen a single Mako in tournament action. Of course, I'm usually only around 12U and 14U games, but I would have thought I'd have seen at least one. I hardly ever see the 2013 Easton bats (FS and FX) so perhaps it is a residual dislike of those models that is having an effect on the new Mako.

I've seen quite a few 2014 Xenos but not a single LXT. I suppose the same reasons apply here, too, with a negative bias toward anything even remotely related to the dismal failure that was the OneX. What gets me, though, is that almost as many of the replacement 2013 Xenos failed but folks still think the sun rises and sets on that bat. Go figure.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia

A ball can't accellerate or decellerate after being affected by the bat (given the same ball and the same environment it flies through).

Seriously - I hear soooo many Xeon fans say this but if they step back a moment they might finally conclude that they are the subject of "audio-wizardry" that the Xeno seems to charm people with. Some reason they feel that glass-breaking sound must mean it's hit sooo much harder.... NOT.

DD is no longer a Xenophile, but what I believe causes this perception with the Xeno is the sweet spot is small. Some balls rocket off the bat, some that look(and sound) equally well hit flop off the bat like you hit them off the cap.

Jun 21, 2010
If you want to quote me quote all of my comment:

"My observation. The ball flies off the Xeno much quicker than the CF6, but the ball travels further with the CF6, if that makes sense."

Observation.

I said nothing about math or physics.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If you want to quote me quote all of my comment:

"My observation. The ball flies off the Xeno much quicker than the CF6, but the ball travels further with the CF6, if that makes sense."

Observation.

I said nothing about math or physics.

True, but the point RB was making is that your observations are flawed - quicker/faster off the bat means further too.

But back to the OP's question - Rocketech or Rocketflex

Jan 28, 2011
Bucket
My daughter turned 13 at the end of August weighs about 140 and is just over 6ft. tall. She used a Xeno 33/23 last season. She switched to a Phenix same weight and bought an 05 Rocket tech for this fall. Once she started using the 33/24 Rocket tech she uses nothing else. Two legit home runs and three triples. Being so tall and lean I didn't think she could handle a bat as heavy but she will never go back to her Xeno. Definitely a Rocketech. We live in Michigan and game time temps have been about 45-50 degrees.

Aug 30, 2011
DE
I agree the rocketech is a beast. I also have noticed the FX1 so far isn't anywhere near the FP11ST9. I'll continue to put some swings on it before I give it back to DD. She loves her RocketFlex. It feels a bit heavy like a RT and durability on the connection is still suspect, but it hangs with her 4B in distance. As of now she'll use the RF in travel and 4B in school. If I was the OP i would try to find the FP11ST9 with new stamp if thats what she has now. My DD loved hers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid