Looking for best end loaded or bat with some weight for 14 yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
My DD is 14 & plays travel & school ball. Right now she is using one of the older black & purple stealths. She's done pretty well with it but its getting pretty worn. We've tried the newer black & yellow easton stealth but didn't like it as well as the original white & purple ones. I saw a used cf6 on a website & wondered what the reviews were on it. Is it really lightweight? My daughter has tried using a teammates demarini before & did not like it because it was too light for her taste. She likes a bat with a little weight to it. Just wondering what others opinions of it were before I even wasted the guys time attempting to buy it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Shop a bit and I bet you can find another black and purple stealth, it is the "FP11ST9".

My dd has 2 srv4b eastons that are from 2010 that I have bought brand new in the last few months. IMO hitters that like the feel of eastons, have trouble liking anything else. Though dd does like the cf6 insane also...but if I was to recommend one for your dd after the stealth, it would have to be -9 and have to be an insane.

Also...more times then not, those "worn out" eastons are just getting the polish on the diamond.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Shop a bit and I bet you can find another black and purple stealth, it is the "FP11ST9".

My dd has 2 srv4b eastons that are from 2010 that I have bought brand new in the last few months. IMO hitters that like the feel of eastons, have trouble liking anything else. Though dd does like the cf6 insane also...but if I was to recommend one for your dd after the stealth, it would have to be -9 and have to be an insane.

Also...more times then not, those "worn out" eastons are just getting the polish on the diamond.
And that's when we buy them. The 1B we bought was apparently "dead" LOL! It wasn't even broken in! Same with the FX1...bought it used and still had to do a lot of breaking in.

DD uses the Easton Synergy Speed SRV4B, as well. It's a pretty "substantial" bat for a drop -10. She also has and likes the CF6 Insane and will swing hers on occasion.

I seem to be sensing a bit of a pattern lately with Easton fans starting to like the CF6 Insane. I am not sure why and I have nothing but observation to support my claim, but I have seen girls who are die-hard Easton Stealth/Synergy fans buying up the new DeMarini rather than going with the newer FS/FX Eastons (which are, justly or not, starting to get the reputation of being "toned-down" versions of their predecessors).

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I don't think you can go wrong with any model year RockeTech. If you are looking for a drop 10 rather than drop 9, the RocketFlex is a nice bat.

Jun 21, 2010
DD is 14, 5'2", and about 115lbs. She currently swings either a 2014 Xeno -9 or a CF6 Insane. Girls who pick up her bats almost always comment on how "heavy" the Xeno feels vs the CF6. Both 32". DD says they feel the same.

My observation. The ball flies off the Xeno much quicker than the CF6, but the ball travels further with the CF6, if that makes sense.

Mar 22, 2010
DD uses the Easton Synergy Speed SRV4B, as well. It's a pretty "substantial" bat for a drop -10. She also has and likes the CF6 Insane and will swing hers on occasion.

I seem to be sensing a bit of a pattern lately with Easton fans starting to like the CF6 Insane. I am not sure why and I have nothing but observation to support my claim, but I have seen girls who are die-hard Easton Stealth/Synergy fans buying up the new DeMarini rather than going with the newer FS/FX Eastons (which are, justly or not, starting to get the reputation of being "toned-down" versions of their predecessors).

I will agree that the new Fs/FX eastons seemed to be "toned down" to say the least. I had high hopes for the new eastons when they came out but was disappointed in them. We have had an Anderson Rocktech a few yrs ago & may end up going back to it. I'd like to try out the cf6 insane before I make the leap. I saw a used one on Facebook for $140. I guess I could always buy it & try it out & if we didn't like it resell it or wait a year or so & see if my 12 yr old likes it. She's has a much smaller body type than my older daughter & likes a lighter bat.

I will agree that the new Fs/FX eastons seemed to be "toned down" to say the least. I had high hopes for the new eastons when they came out but was disappointed in them. We have had an Anderson Rocktech a few yrs ago & may end up going back to it. I'd like to try out the cf6 insane before I make the leap. I saw a used one on Facebook for $140. I guess I could always buy it & try it out & if we didn't like it resell it or wait a year or so & see if my 12 yr old likes it. She's has a much smaller body type than my older daughter & likes a lighter bat.
The CF6 Insane is a crazy-hot bat. I think it is very close to the SRV4B in terms of distance .... maybe even as good. Exit speeds seem comparable, as well. Just seems to have a slightly smaller sweet spot, though, but I could be imagining it.

No doubt it feels softer to me than the SRV4B, but I am 6'1", 225 lbs and a former professional-class baseball power hitter. I'm not sure DD feels as much of a difference.

Bottom line is the CF6 Insane is probably my second-favorite fastpitch bat of all time (I've been coaching 12 years). And when you consider that #1 is the SRV4B, that is pretty damn good company.

Dec 7, 2011
I don't think you can go wrong with any model year RockeTech. If you are looking for a drop 10 rather than drop 9, the RocketFlex is a nice bat.

I second that - If yer DD doesn't mind a little extra weight the RT is a great choice - AND it will outlast!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks