Looking for a Travel team.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 4, 2015
My daughter is interested in playing for a 10U traveling team.. I am having a hard time locating teams in my area. Does anyone know how to find teams. I do know of one team, I heard its around $3000.00 a season(which seems a lot to me) is that a normal price? New at this, so anything insight is appreciated... We are located on in the Northwest section of PA.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Try the website below. It is predominantly Western PA teams although many are closer to Pittsburgh than Erie. But there may be some options for you. Costs for travel teams vary dramatically and depend what you are looking for. There are teams in my area that cost little more than $300 and play in 7-8 tournaments per year. There are others that cost $3000 plus travel. One challenge faced by PA teams is winter practice. Many organizations will rent indoor facilities during the winter, resulting in higher overall costs.

Team Announcements - Hosted by: Team Impact PA Softball Club / Pittsburgh, PA

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
$3000 for a 10U team??? That seems really high to me. However they might not fundraise at all and that would probably be the reason the cost is so high.

Nov 4, 2015
thank you... I will check this out. I am in between Pittsburgh and Erie, and about an 45 minutes to Ohio, Youngstown area.

Aug 6, 2013
Try the website below. It is predominantly Western PA teams although many are closer to Pittsburgh than Erie. But there may be some options for you. Costs for travel teams vary dramatically and depend what you are looking for. There are teams in my area that cost little more than $300 and play in 7-8 tournaments per year. There are others that cost $3000 plus travel. One challenge faced by PA teams is winter practice. Many organizations will rent indoor facilities during the winter, resulting in higher overall costs.

Team Announcements - Hosted by: Team Impact PA Softball Club / Pittsburgh, PA

You may want to try Activity Stream - TheSoftballZone (It is a much better site - It caters mostly to Ohio but even with that it tends to be a better source of information for WPA than the site listed above)

I'd expect about $900 ~ $1,500 at most - With that you should get indoor practice over the winter outdoor practices spring and fall, 2~3 Uniforms a bat bag and 8~10 tournements.

10U should be less expensive than say a 14U exposure team because generaly tournements are less expensive.

In your area look at Silver Creek in New Castle, Or Streak in New Springfield, I'm sure there is a number of others.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
I'm in GA. We were out of pocket only about $300 on my 8U team (we did a lot of fundraising). Our 10U team is with an A organization and the year (fall and spring) is $1500. Not sure how that compares, since COL is generally lower here than up north but $3k seems high.

Jun 11, 2013
We pay around 110 a month for our team (14U) which includes indoor facility, outdoor fields and tournament fees. The dues are one thing but the real expense is travel costs. Especially if you have to stay Friday nights often. It can add up quickly

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In GA most TB teams are less than $1500/season, but we are blessed with good weather 8-9 months a year. Northern teams have much higher indoor practice facility charges. Paid coaches are another huge expense, especially if the teams play a lot of tournaments that require hotel stays and the coaches rooms, travel expenses and meals are covered by the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes