Looking for a specific pitching aid for foot drag - need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2010
Would love to see a video of this thing being used with the "correct " drag. Are we encouraging the toe straight down, shoe laces to the catcher drag? It seems like the back leg would become an anchor, and keep the pitcher from getting open.

Ask and you shall receive! Here is the link to the alternate site with a youtube video embedded. They call it the powerpush now.

StopHop Video

Aug 21, 2008
slight exaggeration, I'm not selling these devices... yet. I'm in negotiations to carry them and resell but it hasn't happened yet.

This used to be called The stop hop and the owner was billing it as though it would fix crow hopping. I got one of these from him, as I do almost all the gadgets the people send me, and I wrote back to him that I didn't think this has anything to do with crowhopping. I believe problems with crowhops are in the hands, not the feet. Anyway, what I did tell this guy is this device is GREAT for something else. If you live in a cold weather state and pitch indoors 8 months out of the year due to snow (LOL) then pitchers easily get in the habit of twisting their foot prematurely before pushing off. They don't keep the foot straight and twist it sideways prior to the push forward. This happens a lot in cold weather places where people pitch off flat surfaces. It's a good sign for a pitcher to do this, it means they are looking for the rubber to push from and get power. But it's bad if it creates muscle memory and creates a bad push forward. This tool is very good at helping prevent that.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd