Need help with Elbow drag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2019
Ok, this one is tough.

I have tried to train her, paid other people, purchased an insider bat. I feel like have tried just about everything and my daughter, who I swear, has bones missing or something simply because she can wrap her arms around her body (Exorcist style). Her elbow drag is legendary and we are trying to break it. Seriously, she can't even feel it happening it's so natural. I tried to duplicate it and it's painful - My bones would snap.

My question is, have a look at the video and I am up for anything to help build the correct muscle memory! Thanks in advance and godspeed.

UPDATE: Sorry all, it's Elbow Drag not Bat Lag. Appreciate the correction peeps.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
Her first move forward is taking her back elbow to her front elbow. She needs to keep the "A" with her forearms to contact. When you figure out how to get her to do that, let me know so I can fix my DD.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Feel this is a good place to start. This instructor has a number of short & good YouTube videos.

Oct 2, 2017
Bat lag, and Elbow drag/bat drag is 2 different things. Elbow drag is what she is doing, which is the elbow underneath leading everything.

Do you have video of the entire swing, from the beginning, or did she start from the position she is in the video?

Mar 4, 2019
Bat lag, and Elbow drag/bat drag is 2 different things. Elbow drag is what she is doing, which is the elbow underneath leading everything.

Do you have video of the entire swing, from the beginning, or did she start from the position she is in the video?
She started from that position and I appreciate the education!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee