looking fo a new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I couldn't handle the pressure anymore and pulled the trigger on a new scn8b for $150. At first, I placed a best offer, but then I looked at completed auctions and saw beat up bats selling for more. Hope my daughter likes it!
You won't need to buy another bat until she outgrows the 8B, and even then she won't want to let it go. DD has a 31" we bought well used for $75.00. Between the two of us and another teammate, I know we've put 3,000 hits on this bat. Over this winter it has become rediculously hot! It is now gone from BP/cold weather bat to her gamer and I've got two SCN4B's for sale. She just likes the feel of the one piece bats better.

Don't be afraid to let her teammates use it either. The more hits you put on it, the better it will get. You cannot hurt this bat.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Don't be afraid to let her teammates use it either. The more hits you put on it, the better it will get. You cannot hurt this bat.

That was my major concern about a composite bat (breakage). I feel better knowing that this bat is very durable. I don't think I'll be able to get it broken in for this season though. That's a lot of hits for a break-in period.

Oct 10, 2011
break on

We asked the coach to use ours also. He uses it to hit ground and fly balls to the girls. Now he uses it just for fun hitting at the end of practice.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
That was my major concern about a composite bat (breakage). I feel better knowing that this bat is very durable. I don't think I'll be able to get it broken in for this season though. That's a lot of hits for a break-in period.
It won't take that many to get hot probably 500 daddy swings will get it to open up. Ours may be nearing the end of its life, but I've got no complaints if it breaks tomorrow. We've owned it for two years and put it through the ringer. BTW, we used it in low 40 temps with no issues.

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Just had to let you guys know that my daughter loves her new bat (Easton Synergy Scn8b). She used it at her middle school practice the other day and said it had a lot of pop and really likes the feel of it. I kinda doubt it would have much pop since it isn't broken-in yet, but if it gives her confidence at the plate, then that's what counts. Thank you for the feedback on the different bats.

Feb 23, 2014
I highly suggest the 2014 Louisville Slugger Xeno! Great bat! I am also considered a power hitter and I love this bat, Im a freshman and start varsity and I use a 33/23

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207