looking fo a new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm so glad I found it. What a wealth of information! Hopefully I can be of help at some point.

I am looking for a "new" bat for my daughter. She is 13 years old and about 135lbs. I would consider her a power hitter as she led her travel team in triples, doubles, and slugging percentage last season. She swings a 2011 Easton cv12 32" -10 and loves this bat. Problem being that it isn't made anymore. Which bat out there would be closest in comparison to this one. I am going thru "bat review overload" and am fearful of composites due to reviews about cracking, breaking, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Oct 10, 2011
bat

I'd try the 2013 Easton FS2. It's a one piece also and most players that like the feel of an Easton, don't like switching. The 2013 can be had for under 100.00. It was 249.00 last year. Just help her break it in. The girl that led our HS conference last year in batting average used it and still loves it.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I'd try the 2013 Easton FS2. It's a one piece also and most players that like the feel of an Easton, don't like switching. The 2013 can be had for under 100.00. It was 249.00 last year. Just help her break it in. The girl that led our HS conference last year in batting average used it and still loves it.
^^^^^^ yes^^^^^
Once this bat is broken in, and gets hot, look out! Its by far the hottest bat in our armory!

The FS2 is a great suggestion.

You can also find a NIW Easton Synergy Speed SRV4B if you look around a bit. It is one of the best fastpitch bats ever made, IMHO, and it will feel a lot like her current bat. This bat gets so hot it is ridiculous once it is broken in. Super-durable, too.

Oct 10, 2011
agree

The FS2 is a great suggestion.

You can also find a NIW Easton Synergy Speed SRV4B if you look around a bit. It is one of the best fastpitch bats ever made, IMHO, and it will feel a lot like her current bat. This bat gets so hot it is ridiculous once it is broken in. Super-durable, too.
I agree with this. They are a bit difficult to find if you need the new Utrip stamp. I'd give the SRV4B the edge over the FS2 if you don't. Best ever 1 piece -10 is the SCN1B.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Lots of bat opinions out there. Be careful who you listen to. I'd like to think of myself as a tad more rational and dispassionate than most, and after careful consideration it's my humble opinion that if you love your DD and want her to succeed, you'll buy her a Louisvile Slugger Xeno. Buying her anything else is prima facie child abuse.

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Thank you for the suggestions far. I just have two more questions. Since my daughter is only 5feet tall, is the 32" length still plenty? Also, you mentioned the "U trip" stamp. What is that and is the synergy still legal?

The Synergy SRV4B is legal everywhere except in USSSA tournaments. We don't play any here so it is not a worry. There was about a six-month run of the SRV4B with the new USSSA stamp .... my DD has one in 32/22 ... and you can find them if you try. Then they are legal for everything except NCAA where they were banned for getting too hot. Since your kid is just 13, no worries about the college ban, either. :)

At 5' I'd say the 32" is the way to go and may be all she ever needs. My girl is approaching 5'5" and about 139 lbs and she swings a 32/22 most of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog