looking fo a new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
Easton Mako! 32/22. Nothing better. Thump and durability. DD had the earlier model (Stealth) lasted about 3 years. Cages and everything. Could still use it if she had too but it finally lost some of it's pop. Got her the Mako. WOW!!!

I got her a breast cancer pink Demarrini that sits in her bag as a practice bat. I think she used it in two games and went back to her Stealth.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Is $220 reasonable for a Easton synergy fp11sy10? The white and yellow version 2013(?) I mean, geez, I don't want to sound cheap, but I paid a lot less than that for the cv12.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
My daughter swings three bats (depends on weather and speed of the pitcher). She has an anderson Nanotech 31/19 demarini cf630/20 (red and black) and the 2014 xeno 31/21. She just got the xeno and I got it because it was brand new and cheap though our travel team and thinking she could grow into it. We went to the gym to practice the other day and we were hitting real balls in the corner of the gym. She's a 65 pound 9 year old and hit several shots to the right side of the field (left hander) including 2-3 that hit the wall in the air (estimating about 120 ft or more) . the most impressive hit she had though was the shot that almost took off my head. I seriously believe that had another girl been pitching and hit her with that ball she would have seriously hurt her. The bat out of the wrapper was smoking hot!! I've had to reconsider my stance on it being too heavy so I may let her use it now. The CF6 though is awesome as well. The Nanotech is more of a bat for cold weather which right now, seems like she may be using it until the middle of June!!

Good luck in the decision making process!!

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
My daughter swings three bats (depends on weather and speed of the pitcher). She has an anderson Nanotech 31/19 demarini cf630/20 (red and black) and the 2014 xeno 31/21. She just got the xeno and I got it because it was brand new and cheap though our travel team and thinking she could grow into it. We went to the gym to practice the other day and we were hitting real balls in the corner of the gym. She's a 65 pound 9 year old and hit several shots to the right side of the field (left hander) including 2-3 that hit the wall in the air (estimating about 120 ft or more) . the most impressive hit she had though was the shot that almost took off my head. I seriously believe that had another girl been pitching and hit her with that ball she would have seriously hurt her. The bat out of the wrapper was smoking hot!! I've had to reconsider my stance on it being too heavy so I may let her use it now. The CF6 though is awesome as well. The Nanotech is more of a bat for cold weather which right now, seems like she may be using it until the middle of June!!

M daughter also has a Nanotech that she uses every so often but prefers her cv12. Would like to try a composite. Just found a new scn8b for $150. Is that too much? Is it any good?

Oct 10, 2011
bat

M daughter also has a Nanotech that she uses every so often but prefers her cv12. Would like to try a composite. Just found a new scn8b for $150. Is that too much? Is it any good?
Any bat from the "SCN" line is top notch but again, no USSSA stamp. Price is good if new.

Dec 11, 2010
Both of the easton bats you mentioned are very good.

If you buy one of the older easton bats keep in mind that it will get better as she puts swings on it, many girls don't like them out of the wrapper but they get better with time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207