Live Streaming from GC Team Manager

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
I’m curious about this. Is the tournament site providing AGL as part of their fee? Or are there going to be officials roaming the grounds and removing Mevos and GoPros from the backstops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is more like that games have to be scored on AGL for official results/book keeping. I doubt they will be policing streams.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
I think it is more like that games have to be scored on AGL for official results/book keeping. I doubt they will be policing streams.

Correct. I was on the call last week. ALL Alliance games MUST be scored (they kept saying scored and streamed) with AGL. They also suggested using AGL for non-Alliance tourneys/games or against non-Alliance teams. They said that those game scores may be important for rankings etc too.

They made it seem like there is not an alternative (submit scores after games etc). Just a curious move since 95% of the teams already use GC scoring and it would have been an easier thing to implement. Since it doesn't make a lot of sense (on the face), I would assume that there is definitely someone profiting behind the scenes.

Oct 4, 2018
The higher up the fence you can get your lens the better. DD happened to play her home games at a field that had an elevated score booth behind home plate. The scorer didn't mind my LynkSpyder hanging off the fence some 20 feet in the air. For those watching it provided a great view of what was going on beyond the pitcher / catcher. For the away games I often toted a small ladder - every little bit helps if your goal is for the people watching to have a good view!

Plus if it's 8 feet or more up the fence, you're not blocking the view of most spectators.

Oct 4, 2018
It looks like you get a lot with that fence mount, but it doesn’t look like it adjusts vertically. It’s not easy to adjust the whole mounting setup to get the lens to fit inside the “diamond” of the fence crosshatch. Or maybe I’m just a spazz . The LinkSpyder lets you attach the bracket and then fine-tune the camera position, since the center arm goes vertically and horizontally.

The way it attaches to the fence should make it easy to adjust by adjusting the whole thing, not the phone. But there are actually thumb screws so you can adjust just the phone. Seems to have not much, but about an inch or so each way.

LinkSpyder seems better, but pricier. Looks like both are fairly priced for what you get.

Apr 1, 2017
Personally, I’ve had the most success mounting each device individually, using the Smallrig clamp:

SMALLRIG Cool Ballhead Arm

ETA: Can’t get Amazon link to work, just search item# B00DJ5XH4O

I bought one of these. Haven't used it yet, but seems fairly idiot proof (good for me....)

Do you know of something similar, but large enough that it can clamp directly to the posts/rails of chain link fence? Looking to add a few options to my bag of tricks .

Jun 30, 2020
I bought one of these. Haven't used it yet, but seems fairly idiot proof (good for me....)

Do you know of something similar, but large enough that it can clamp directly to the posts/rails of chain link fence? Looking to add a few options to my bag of tricks .

I have a 13.5" Smatree gooseneck clamp as a backup. Clamps on the the rail of most fences easily. Used it when one of my articulating arms got messed up last fall and kept on using it because I actually liked it.

Jul 14, 2018

It actually does fit on the rail (not the vertical post, if that’s what you mean). It’s open all the way, but makes it. I prefer that to mounting on the chain link, but the crossbars are not always at a height that can be easily reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2019
Anyone have issues with GC TM livestreaming? The video stream cuts out every so often, usually every have inning so I have to restart the video. I have been using GC TM for 3 weekends of friendlies. The first time I only had 2 bars for LTE so I thought maybe that was the problem. The second weekend we were at a location that gave me the full 4 bars of LTE but the video stream still cut out at a similar rate as the first weekend. The third weekend was back at the first location but this time I logged into a friend's hotspot. The video stream still cut out and in fact towards the end of the first game it started cutting out every couple of innings. I'm using an iPhone X to video the games so I think the hardware is not the issue.

I have been in contact with GC customer support but they have not been able to figure out the issue.

On another note, we saw an AGL tablet get destroyed this last weekend. This field has a very small backstop area behind homeplate. A foul tip off of one of girls made a direct hit on the AGL tablet mounted on a LinkSpyder. Plastic from the LinkSpyder was flying out like shrapnel and the tablet fell to the ground. Owner couldn't get the tablet to turn on again after the direct hit.

Apr 1, 2017
I've only tried streaming once at practice and for one game last Saturday (both indoors), so not much of a sample size. However, both times we did have issues with stream cutting out and needing to be restarted. Think it happened 3 times in a 5 inning game on Saturday.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri

On another note, we saw an AGL tablet get destroyed this last weekend. This field has a very small backstop area behind homeplate. A foul tip off of one of girls made a direct hit on the AGL tablet mounted on a LinkSpyder. Plastic from the LinkSpyder was flying out like shrapnel and the tablet fell to the ground. Owner couldn't get the tablet to turn on again after the direct hit.

I wanted to follow up on this. We were able to track down the customer in question. Unfortunately, they used a home-made adapter to mount the AGL device to our product. That adapter mounted to the very fragile belt strap holders on the back of the tablet. Both, their adapter, and the strap holders broke.

We go to great lengths to ensure our customers can trust our mounting system. Whenever there are problems, we go to even greater lengths to develop solutions. In this case, we have pointed the customer to the recommended adapter for this tablet. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles