Securing a streaming camera to a pole....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2016
This holds my Mevo without issue:
Amazon product ASIN B07KJGRBT4
However, my suggestion is to embrace the net rather than fight it. Trying to keep the net out of the frame and the camera from focussing on the net seems to be a futile effort. If possible, I'd get a 10'-13' light stand, set the camera on the light stand as far back form the backstop as you can. The net will blend in as the camera focusses on the field. Before long you won't even notice the net.

Sep 3, 2015
I had a fence clip, which didn’t work on netting. Last minute I got re-usable rubber coated ties from home depot and used that with to attach my gopro to the netting. Worked very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
These work so well on crossbars, I often use them on chain link fences if the bar is in a good spot:

SmallRig Super Clamp(2 Pack) Magic Arm Clamp for DJI Ronin, Camera Monitor, LED Light 2058

Amazon product ASIN B07PHNRS3N

If there is a crossbar, then it's probably chainlink. The issue here is how to deal with netting backstops, which typically don't have crossbars in usable locations, and the vertical posts are quite large.

Nov 5, 2014
I also hate attaching to the net. I use one of two options in those situations.

1) mount camera on a tripod and just accept that you will be watching through netting

2) Use Fence dad extended with bungee cords to attach to the 4" poles

Apr 25, 2019
So, here is what I picked up from Home Depot this weekend and tried out. These were $6 for a 2 pack of the 24" ones. The 18" might have worked but I wanted to make sure I had enough to get around the pole and secure it well. As for setup.....it seems rock solid. I'm going to give it a go on Wednesday for a scrimmage game but I think it's going to work out well.

Attachments

• Fence setup.jpg
    Fence setup.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 44
Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
So, here is what I picked up from Home Depot this weekend and tried out. These were $6 for a 2 pack of the 24" ones. The 18" might have worked but I wanted to make sure I had enough to get around the pole and secure it well. As for setup.....it seems rock solid. I'm going to give it a go on Wednesday for a scrimmage game but I think it's going to work out well.
Looks good, good solution. I would also suggest some bungies or something to secure the netting around the camera lens. Nothing worse than 1 foul ball and now a net cord is directly over the lens for the rest of the game.

PDM

Jun 18, 2019
NJ
So my DD's high school field has netting behind the plate as a backstop. I generally live stream all my DD's games and scrimmages so that my family and friends from other states can watch the games. Well, I HATE streaming from netting. The constant movement, the difficulty in mounting, etc are a constant pain. There is, however, a couple of large vertical poles that hold the netting. They are probably 3"-4" in diameter. Do any of you have any luck with a clamp or some other sort of device for larger diameter poles?
You can get zip ties up to at least 24" at Lowes or Home Depot (among other places). That should be enough for any diameter pole. I've used them quite a bit and they work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi