Securing a streaming camera to a pole....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
So my DD's high school field has netting behind the plate as a backstop. I generally live stream all my DD's games and scrimmages so that my family and friends from other states can watch the games. Well, I HATE streaming from netting. The constant movement, the difficulty in mounting, etc are a constant pain. There is, however, a couple of large vertical poles that hold the netting. They are probably 3"-4" in diameter. Do any of you have any luck with a clamp or some other sort of device for larger diameter poles?

Aug 21, 2020
So my DD's high school field has netting behind the plate as a backstop. I generally live stream all my DD's games and scrimmages so that my family and friends from other states can watch the games. Well, I HATE streaming from netting. The constant movement, the difficulty in mounting, etc are a constant pain. There is, however, a couple of large vertical poles that hold the netting. They are probably 3"-4" in diameter. Do any of you have any luck with a clamp or some other sort of device for larger diameter poles?

I hate netting also. Depending on the room, I usually mount my camera on a tripod. If the poles are magnetic, how about a magnetic camera mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Nets are the worst. I use this homemade mounts for filming, easy to hang on any fence or posts. Just an extendable selfie stick with garage rake holders turned upside down. I always like to use bungie cords to secure the netting around the camera lens as well. 20200227_152955_resized.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Nets are the worst. I use this homemade mounts for filming, easy to hang on any fence or posts. Just an extendable selfie stick with garage rake holders turned upside down. I always like to use bungie cords to secure the netting around the camera lens as well. View attachment 24946

You may find the occasional umpire who has an issue with how far it protrudes inside the fence.

Aug 21, 2020
That's not going to open wide enough for most vertical poles used for backstops.

Magnetic is an idea, but if it does get bumped, it will likely get knocked off the pole.

I keep a few reusable zip ties and grip ties in my bag to secure the camera and mount. Not a perfect solution, but enough that I can wait for the side of the inning to end before adjusting it.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
I keep a few reusable zip ties and grip ties in my bag to secure the camera and mount. Not a perfect solution, but enough that I can wait for the side of the inning to end before adjusting it.

I've found the small bungie cords with the ball on one end are my cameras life savers at the fields. From securing the camera, holding netting back, securing windscreens from going in front of lens, you name it. 20200227_143411_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi