Live pitching at practice...good or bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Really? You've taught yourself to throw rise balls, drop balls, and curve balls? Can you hit your spots with all those from behind your net?

I'm asking because the pitchers the kids face in games can do all that. Kind of makes sense to practice like you play, no?

-W
Kinda surprised at your answer. I agree with a lot of what you say. At 12s He is doing the right thing.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
This thread was split off by someone watching and participating in a thread I started about practice planning and coordination. It was a good way to continue a discussion evolving out of the practice thread. I was looking for other perspectives on practices from others with different levels of experience to compare notes. This specific topic interested me as I have tried it and had some issues with it so I followed this thread. I must say there are some strong assertions about "live pitching" versus "other efforts". Some people seem really stuck on defending a point of view and having the "last word". It seems crazy to me b/c we are allowed to have a difference of opinion.
So here is my statement in an effort stop the back and forth.

To everyone here who has been set on "Live pitching being the only way....
Post hear when you win ASA nationals this year. :p
To Everyone who has been set on stations and other methods....
Post here when you win ASA national this year. :p

I bet the teams that win perform some combination of both in no specific split of time allotted. What I am driving at is....Move on....There is only one ASA winner in each age group so I estimate we will hear from.....drum roll please.....not one in this thread and if they do I will be the first to say congratulations. :)

Why can't we be more civil in our exchange of ideas and experience about a sport we love. :confused: If one person disagrees with you it is okay. The world is still spinning and the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Happy New Year Everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207