Little League Softball World Series on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Totally agree, the Virginia team and pitchers get rolled in travel ball here consistently and are B level and look like stars now, but oh well Little League is a business and its making its money, and grandma and grandpa can get their photos....
What TB org does the VA team play for?

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Totally agree, the Virginia team and pitchers get rolled in travel ball here consistently and are B level and look like stars now, but oh well Little League is a business and its making its money, and grandma and grandpa can get their photos....
If it irritates you that much, why are you watching it?

I don’t think anyone claimed it was the 12U equivalent of PGF Premier Nationals. What’s wrong with grandma and grandpa getting their pictures and the girls enjoying the experience? Probably the vast majority of girls get their start in LL and other Rec programs. Just not sure what your point is. Implying that the 13yo girls who are pitching for VA are garbage is just BS. I assume every girl pitching for your travel club throws 60+ at 12U with full command of rise, drop, and change up? Gmafb.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The ESPN guns are at least 3 or 4 mph too fast.

After I saw the NC relief pitcher clocked at "60" on a pitch with significant arc, I totally discounted what ESPN was showing. Apparently, ESPN realized there were problems as well; they stopped displaying pitch velocity.

The Oklahoma team can hit the ball and, in the game I saw, both teams made some very nice defensive plays. I think some need to remember that these are 11-12yos.

Jun 8, 2016
After I saw the NC relief pitcher clocked at "60" on a pitch with significant arc, I totally discounted what ESPN was showing. Apparently, ESPN realized there were problems as well; they stopped displaying pitch velocity.

The Oklahoma team can hit the ball and, in the game I saw, both teams made some very nice defensive plays. I think some need to remember that these are 11-12yos.
Like I said the OK team is a good TB team. The org they play for (Tulsa Elite) is good and that team has been good since DD has started playing TB. They don’t have a dominant pitcher which hurts them when they play really good TB teams.

May 5, 2019
If it irritates you that much, why are you watching it?

I don’t think anyone claimed it was the 12U equivalent of PGF Premier Nationals. What’s wrong with grandma and grandpa getting their pictures and the girls enjoying the experience? Probably the vast majority of girls get their start in LL and other Rec programs. Just not sure what your point is. Implying that the 13yo girls who are pitching for VA are garbage is just BS. I assume every girl pitching for your travel club throws 60+ at 12U with full command of rise, drop, and change up? Gmafb.
Oh no someone's mommy is upset....rec ball allstars should be an experience for girls who don't get the opportunity to experience it, taking a travel ball team and infiltrating Little League allstars is a joke.....

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Oh no someone's mommy is upset....rec ball allstars should be an experience for girls who don't get the opportunity to experience it, taking a travel ball team and infiltrating Little League allstars is a joke.....
Now i get the point you are making and it’s fair insofar as it goes. However, if the girls are committing to playing both LL and travel, not sure how that is an infiltration. My older DD did that and made it to every LL game and practice. Wasn’t just some mercenary thing, though I am sure some treat it that way and do the minimum needed for eligibility.

Also, because this approach (LL+travel) is how most of the more competitive LLs seem to be doing it now, if you show up to LL states with a team of girls that have no travel experience, you very likely won’t make it far (even if you have fun while you are there).

Mar 20, 2015
Upper level travel teams pull from a larger region and in some cases multiple states so yes there are travel teams that are better. I can see where the TV coverage creates an expectation of the same level but these teams even if semi travel are pulling from one small community which is part of the experience. My DD played both travel and LL, and in LL state finals went against teams from smaller districts with pitchers throwing 58 (verified pocket radar) two years in a row and we won the tournament both years because they did not have enough supporting players. Point being there are girls on these teams that can play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414