Little League Softball World Series on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I saw this was coming up in my program guide. Does anyone have a clue what level it is? Would the winner have a chance in the local USSSA A level tournament? No one around my area does it.

Jun 8, 2016
I saw this was coming up in my program guide. Does anyone have a clue what level it is? Would the winner have a chance in the local USSSA A level tournament? No one around my area does it?
I saw a few of the Regional games today. A few of the pitchers look ok (Georgia,South Carolina). Fielding is blah and hitting even more blah..Oklahoma put together a team of TB players who never played LL ( :unsure: ) and will play their regionals starting Monday. They have 3 or 4 players who Marcela plays against regularly who are pretty good: catcher/lefty hitter, pitcher/MI who can hit and throws decent (she plays up on an 07 team), catcher/1b who can hit and 3B/OF who is a pretty good hitter. Don't know much about the other kids but a few of the others play for a pretty good Tulsa Elite team. That said that team wouldn't do much in a decent/good PGF tournament. To put it into context for you, maybe on par with TG 2526 (but would probably lose because Abby is better than anything they have in the circle).

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
All depends on the team. Some LL softball teams are actually made up of legit travel ball players, most are not. Keep in mind, not too long ago Kathryn Sandercock pitched her team to the Softball World Series Championship game (which they lost).

Nov 13, 2020
I’m doubtful the top LL team would beat an A Level USSSA/PGF team.. simply because Little league is supposed to be comprised of talent from a specific limited geographic area/boundary while top travel teams are usually comprised of talent from all over.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Kathryn Sandercock from McLean LL!! The year was 2013. Represent.

My older DD’s team (McLean LL) went to the SE Regional in 2019 representing VA. I would say most of the teams there were at the local A travel ball level. Our team was essentially a local 12u A travel ball team with girls that had played together for years in addition to playing LL. All the teams at the SE regional had at least one strong pitcher. Solid defense and solid hitting. That year North Carolina (Rowan LL) won the SE Regional and then the World Series. Not saying it was PGF Premier, but it was competitive and there were no cream puff teams there.

This year, my younger DD’s LL all star team played Chesterfield at the VA State LL tournament. We lost in a walk off 8-7 when we were both 3-0 in a double elimination tournament. We faced them in the finals and lost 7-5. Tough losses. Chesterfield has a number of travel players and three good pitchers on their roster.

Nov 13, 2020
Lol..If the OK team is any indication, this rule is loosely followed 😂
Yep - I’m on the board of our local little league and I’ve heard stories of what it ‘should’ be and what actually happens being questionable. We constantly get complaints about coaches who stack their teams with just their travel ball players, etc or travel ball players who haven’t shown up all season all of sudden come out of the woodwork for All star team selection. If you think Softball side is bad, baseball is 50x worse.

Jun 8, 2016
Yep - I’m on the board of our local little league and I’ve heard stories of what it ‘should’ be and what actually happens being questionable. We constantly get complaints about coaches who stack their teams with just their travel ball players, etc or travel ball players who haven’t shown up all season all of sudden come out of the woodwork for All star team selection. If you think Softball side is bad, baseball is 50x worse.
I honestly didn’t even know OK had LL softball…. Some of the kids live a couple hours from each other…

Jun 19, 2016
I know the local leagues in my area ban travel ball pitchers....well some of them do. I think if they broadcast a local league game on ESPN from my area it would set back softball 20 years.

I think the quote from the local commissioner was...."If your daughter throws one inning of select ball she can never pitch in rec again". He also said she was not up to the challenge and if she went select she would never pitch again. He was wrong.

Jun 8, 2016
I know the local leagues in my area ban travel ball pitchers....well some of them do. I think if they broadcast a local league game on ESPN from my area it would set back softball 20 years.
TX is playing today. Curious to see how they are.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478