Little League Minors Rules....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 10, 2012
Ok, normally we dont do rec because of politics...well tonight i have to help coach, what rule do i need to look out for...heard no drop 3 strike, know about playing time rule...but what about look back or infield fly rule...anything crazy i need to prepare myself for...we are use to ASA rules, any help will greatly be apprecaited

Jul 28, 2008
Can't leave the base until the ball reaches the plate, unless it's been changed in the last couple years. Look back rule is the same. IF is the same as everywhere else.

Have you passed your background check and been approved by the board to be on the field? I know that everyone on the field with the kids must have that done.

Mar 31, 2012
I'm not sure if its an actual chiseled in stone rule but I think as a general proposition the batting helmets are supposed to be so oversized that the baserunners have to cling to the bills with one hand as they skitter around the bases like fred flinstone.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I'm not sure if its an actual chiseled in stone rule but I think as a general proposition the batting helmets are supposed to be so oversized that the baserunners have to cling to the bills with one hand as they skitter around the bases like fred flinstone.

AND!!!!! Chin straps are to be so loose that when the helmet comes off it is certain to choke the player.

Mar 8, 2012
AND!!!!! Chin straps are to be so loose that when the helmet comes off it is certain to choke the player.

Lol, as rec coaches we need to have a team shopping day for all the new players. That way there is a chance that the player will be properly equipped and sized. I'm sick of seeing 8/10u kids come to practice with 33/24 bats.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Too late now but no stealing in minors. IF Fly should be resolved at pregame. ball controlled in IF stops play-(don't have to have it in the circle) runners less than halfway between bases must return to the previous base.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Pitching limits: If more than one inning pitched=one day of rest. 6 innings max per game and week.

Stealing is allowed, but the runner cannot leave the base until the ball crosses the plate. I believe some local leagues limit one run per inning on passed balls.

The current book states that runners must immediately commit to a base when the pitcher has the ball in the circle, unless she is making a play on someone (faking a throw.) I don't recall anything about how far a runner can/can't go--might be a local rule?

Jul 28, 2008
Too late now but no stealing in minors. IF Fly should be resolved at pregame. ball controlled in IF stops play-(don't have to have it in the circle) runners less than halfway between bases must return to the previous base.

These are not LL minor rules. They must be something that a local league adopted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom