Let’s Talk Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The core/torso/middle. The hand/wrist release/launch the barrel and make adjustments. The hand go last.

That’s drag. those things are accumulators not speed PRODUCERS. Every good hitter talks about their hands. Why? Bc it holds the damn bat? I don’t think so. Our hands are our fastest asset, correct? In every other speed skill it seems to be true. Why not hitting?

Aug 20, 2017
Lol..I meant Teacherman. I was making a joke since a lot of that was TM-speak 😉
I like and use a lot of what he teaches. He does teach hands first which I think is spot on with the body reacting to the hands. Get to a loaded launch position on time and let the hands dictate the swing. I know he’s hated around here or adored. So many different swings out there. Getting a player to find theirs is being a good hitting coach

Jun 8, 2016
I like and use a lot of what he teaches. He does teach hands first which I think is spot on with the body reacting to the hands. Get to a loaded launch position on time and let the hands dictate the swing. I know he’s hated around here or adored. So many different swings out there. Getting a player to find theirs is being a good hitting coach
I don’t hate anybody..well myself sometimes but that’s it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Ok. Well this is closer to my thinking. I still don’t agree w some of his path stuff. That’s why I was wondering when you said the ‘hands drive things’. They launch and direct the swing w the HLP method or am I misunderstanding you?

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I understand your point but for what I have done, I have used people like Pujols as examples for my hitters. I believe The Science of Hitting is a rock-solid reference for all hitting. I am positive that great examples are out there for the use of female hitters. Lauren Chamberlain was one example many used a few years ago. Old habits die hard and so, I repeat what I have repeated countless times here.
Hear ya coach. Have been looking for small variances in the lower half of the body from feet through the hips that may accommodate for the variance in structure.

Stride foot clearing hips?

Small kid vs big kid. Lot of difference in lower half?

Freaks of nature? Show numbers to short stop and not pitcher?

If we fixed her would we have broken her?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

This is hip shoulder separation, bat behind the body hips fully turned and then upper unwinds. It does snap fast the bat. Is this high level? Something you see in high level MLB hitters? I’ve seen it before.

Is she making an adjustment or is she not ttb rearward soon enough? Waits until later?

Is this a long swing?
Video says 62 mph, from 35 ft.

Yes, this is a long swing. Yes the bat is trapped because of the slop in the launch, long sequence. She starts early, ball is way out front.

She hit that one a mile.

This just shows there are different ways to swing a bat in college. She isn’t drive the hands push, which you see in HS level.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414