Lefty catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s least favorite position on the field is 2nd base, guess what position she played 90% of the time under 2 different coaches this year?

Coaches are hard to figure out. :)

mmb

Feb 21, 2015
Yes they are! And we just found out, just like this last fall season, a few weeks before our first tournament that we have no coach for our age group again! I know this is all part of it but it's really frustrating to pay so much and not even have a coach.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I want the best player in the spot they can most benefit the team. That starts with pitching and catching, and good catching is so much more difficult to find. Darn near every girl wants to pitch at some point. Very few want to catch after doing it in a game. When I find a girl who is athletic enough to play the spot, smart enough to do it correctly, and wants to? Yup, that is my #1 catcher (unless I have 2 of those, and the other is better - I call that my "fantasy" team).

If I had 3 or 4 interested in catching at 10U, they'd all get coached, and they'd all play.

To quincy's point, sometimes I have to put a girl where she doesn't want to be. I do it for various reasons, but usually it's because she's better at that spot than anyone else I have available.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
we have no coach

Since this thread has totally derailed:)

That might not be a bad thing. I am sure they have someone willing to coach, they might just be looking for the right person.

Ideally you need to like the coach or signup for an organization that you trust to get you the right coach. I think most parents and players would like to know the HC before they signup though.

mmb

Feb 21, 2015
Sorry for getting everyone off topic. I appreciate everyone's input and help though!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1