Laura Watten's Softball Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2011
We have attended both offensive and defensive when my daughter was a junior in high school. They are good camps but a lot of girls show up- they are very full. There are kids from 10 all the way to seniors in high school. That being said, they divided the camp up into smaller groups and they all stayed very busy the entire time.
I should add that we have been to many many camps and my daughter did like the Maryland camps generally better than most. The team is upbeat and friendly, and campers stay busy.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
We have attended both offensive and defensive when my daughter was a junior in high school. They are good camps but a lot of girls show up- they are very full. There are kids from 10 all the way to seniors in high school. That being said, they divided the camp up into smaller groups and they all stayed very busy the entire time.
I should add that we have been to many many camps and my daughter did like the Maryland camps generally better than most. The team is upbeat and friendly, and campers stay busy.

Thanks Sci, that's a potential school for her to attend, so we thought maybe we would check it out. She's only 14 but time will fly by fast.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
From my experience camps that have 8 year olds attending are not good for recruitment. They are money makers. If your DD wants instruction then it's a good thing. Smaller high school age elite camps with no more than 75 campers are where the "looks" come from. Again, just my experience.

Oct 10, 2011
The main reason really is to check out the campus while getting some training. She said she wants to play in college, but in reality, she will go to the school that she likes the best regardless of whether or not she is recruited. She gets good grades, so we are trying to keep that the priority. She said she wants to go to Georgia , where her cousins went and we have family there, but who knows what will happen. I'd prefer she stay a little closer to home...but not too close:)

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
The main reason really is to check out the campus while getting some training. She said she wants to play in college, but in reality, she will go to the school that she likes the best regardless of whether or not she is recruited. She gets good grades, so we are trying to keep that the priority. She said she wants to go to Georgia , where her cousins went and we have family there, but who knows what will happen. I'd prefer she stay a little closer to home...but not too close:)
Go Dawgs! Athens is a great town!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd