Last feedback on Combat G3...now has a ton of hits

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Good morning, Todd - I had the girls work the bat over quite a bit last night. They all used it (at least those who normally use a 32" bat) exclusively for front toss so it got hit a lot.

Some of the girls who spent more time with it last week said they thought it was opening up a bit and I would tend to agree. They were getting 1-2mph more exit speed with it fairly consistently. Please keep in mind that this bat probably has 1,000 hits or more on it by now, so it is definitely "broken in" if it needed any seasoning. :)

Curiously, all noticed it did not sting their hands as much as it did when right out of the wrapper. Hard to say if this is because it has been broken in or if they've learned to use the smaller sweet spot a bit better with all the experience they have had with it. I'd venture it's a little bit of both. One bit of anecdotal evidence I'd pass along here is that the girls have tried all the non-2Legit Worth bats which are known for extremely small sweet spots and to be big-time hand stingers, and those Worth bats never stopped stinging their hands no matter how many hits we put on them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32