Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
lexie-elkins-630x387.jpg

THIS is a great still image, already texted it to a few of our players saying "here's a game swing that looks like the stretch and fire drill! -- THAT's how you create stretch/resistance!"

32 home runs...nice.

Oct 2, 2015
Man that was a fun game to watch on Sunday!

The DDs yelling and cheering at the TV as every bomb was smashed over the fence was great!

Oct 19, 2009
I was wondering about their stats for the year Team BA 361, HR 107 and SLG 657. You got to admit they are getting it done at the plate.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok vs ULL offensive match up is pretty interesting. The "AIR BALL" vs the "hard ground ball". It was brought up that Ok. looks heavily on the stats of "batting avg on balls that are put into play". Kind of a plan that hard hit low trajectory balls give the batter the best overall chance of getting on base. ULL seems to try to hit everything 300 feet no matter the situation.

Also, ULL hitters seem to love the rise ball so much that they can't lay off balls shoulder high and up. My wife said on one hard hit ball "man that was an ugly swing"......"well ya, her barrel is above her hands at contact...TOMAHAWK CHOP"

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
Ok, in. Your clip reference the dark spot on the front of her left shin.. As she unweights the front foot you can see more of the dark spot. Obviously a result of something happening in the pelvic area, not just a turning of the leg. The rear side is maintaining at that point. clicking???

=coachbob;307293]I see a small rear hip click back-and-around when she lifts her foot. I wonder if that makes the front half of the pelvis look that way. Her pant stripe doesn't open at that moment either.

sw_front_zpsfip7hrj1.gif
[/QUOTE]

At TJ - I never really understood what you were getting at with this comment -but for some reason I still think about - saw this on twitter today - is this along the lines of what you are getting at (albeit in an exaggerated way)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very subtle high level pre rep lower body feels... <a href="https://t.co/rLVgds3RtI">pic.twitter.com/rLVgds3RtI</a></p>— Cesare Angeloni (@ChezWhizzz) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS

At TJ - I never really understood what you were getting at with this comment -but for some reason I still think about - saw this on twitter today - is this along the lines of what you are getting at (albeit in an exaggerated way)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very subtle high level pre rep lower body feels... <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);" href="https://t.co/rLVgds3RtI">pic.twitter.com/rLVgds3RtI</a></p>— Cesare Angeloni (@ChezWhizzz) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);" href="https://twitter.com/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/QUOTE]

Bullet, I'm glad you're still thinking about it:p
I've seen Cesare's work on twitter. He shares openly and does a lot of good things. Personally, I think he is missing the resistance between the upper and lower.
No, i don't think the clip you shared shows what I was trying to point out. It's similar but His hitter don't get inside the rear leg IMO. They are pushing off the rear leg to get the pelvis open.
How about this clip...
dj_sanders_hr_southalabama_3rd_zpsax8kj21s.gif

focus on the lead leg from the knee to the hip when She lifts Her foot off the ground. Do you see the thigh turn/roll open, the distance between the knees gets a little wider. There is a stretching across the pelvis. The rear leg maintains and everything else stretches forward.
Maybe you call it coil in the rear hip, and the rear leg controls that movement. If it works for you great!. The way I view it is the stretching that is felt across the pelvis(coil) is the body working forward and open, stretching forward away from the rear leg. that stretch sets up a powerful delivery.
I do not think the stretching forward and open should affect the integrity of the rear hip. most immediately default to bleeding hip coil when this is discussed. Now that I've said that isn't the case can you see how getting inside the rear leg as opposed to on top of the rear leg and allowing the front side to work unrestricted is not as tragic as it is made out to be. It's the freedom to be athletic.

May 4, 2012
While I'm cogitating on TJ's response - check this out - First pro at bat, first home run - Lexie Elkins

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1st Pro at bat=1st Pro dinger!! <a href="https://t.co/LBePULR5Sq">pic.twitter.com/LBePULR5Sq</a></p>— Ryan Elkins (@Ryanelkins7) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ryanelkins7/status/739167656708866048">June 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
How about this clip...
dj_sanders_hr_southalabama_3rd_zpsax8kj21s.gif

focus on the lead leg from the knee to the hip when She lifts Her foot off the ground. Do you see the thigh turn/roll open, the distance between the knees gets a little wider. There is a stretching across the pelvis. The rear leg maintains and everything else stretches forward.
Maybe you call it coil in the rear hip, and the rear leg controls that movement. If it works for you great!. The way I view it is the stretching that is felt across the pelvis(coil) is the body working forward and open, stretching forward away from the rear leg. that stretch sets up a powerful delivery.
I do not think the stretching forward and open should affect the integrity of the rear hip. most immediately default to bleeding hip coil when this is discussed. Now that I've said that isn't the case can you see how getting inside the rear leg as opposed to on top of the rear leg and allowing the front side to work unrestricted is not as tragic as it is made out to be. It's the freedom to be athletic.

TJ --- Bold above. Do you consider this external rotation, hip abduction, or a combination of the two? In your opinion, does this work in conjunction with hip flexion (both hips) or independently?

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
TJ --- Bold above. Do you consider this external rotation, hip abduction, or a combination of the two? In your opinion, does this work in conjunction with hip flexion (both hips) or independently?

Hip flexion(both hips) for sure and a combination of abduction and external rotation that is all a reflection of what going on in the core resistance so it's not independent. You know me FP, don't leave any tools in the box. Get them all out at once and learn how to use them in unison. 1 tool supplements/accentuates another tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55