Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
It's the first sunday game, top of the 5th.

"She completely changed her swing ... it's her hip ... she said 'It's my back hip ... in my mind my hips go first, and that's what triggers my hands. My hands chase it.'"

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
'It's my back hip ... in my mind my hips go first, and that's what triggers my hands. My hands chase it.'"
lexieulllaunch1_zps6c1ca5b3.gif

lexiehippulled_zps90b45981.gif

Jun 18, 2010
It's the first sunday game, top of the 5th.

"She completely changed her swing ... it's her hip ... she said 'It's my back hip ... in my mind my hips go first, and that's what triggers my hands. My hands chase it.'"

Thanks Dan-O.

I was re-watching that game. The announcers, Pam Ward, and Cheri Kempf said that Lexi Elkins had
  • 101 consecutive at bats without a strike out.
  • Only 10 strike outs in 145 at bats.
  • She hits 3 home runs for every strike out.

That's amazing.

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
It seems like their power hitters all fall forward after the swing. What's up with that? Homeruns, check swings, whiffs ... doesn't matter; they're falling forward.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Anyone capture the swing from the Alabama hitter Leona Lafaele in the first inning of the game against California (5/22/2016) ... HR in the first inning. Swing resembled that of the Lafayette hitters.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Anyone capture the swing from the Alabama hitter Leona Lafaele in the first inning of the game against California (5/22/2016) ... HR in the first inning. Swing resembled that of the Lafayette hitters.

Yes. Tina Iosefa at Georgia does also. So much so that I had to look at one time to see if she might be a tranfer.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Yes. Tina Iosefa at Georgia does also. So much so that I had to look at one time to see if she might be a tranfer.

View attachment 10464

Iosefa has quietly had a great year. She has 23 HR. I'm not sure she had 20 combined as a sophomore and junior, and she started both years.

Also dispels some criticism my DD gets for opening up and tilting. Of course, if DD hit like Tina, there wouldn't be any criticism.

Oct 19, 2009
2 things.

DD was required to use a stance and swing similar to the swing show/described here with her college team, with 2 strikes. It did not work for her it increased her strikes outs, lowered her BA average and decreased her HR production. DD was a good 2 strike hitter and fouled off pitches until she could get a pitch she can handle, with the coaches new plan she could not make it work for her.

Watching a college game on the TV, an announcer advised she talked to a hitter about the split grip and the hitter advised they used the split grip against rise ball pitchers to produce a top hand heavy swing which she advised help hit the rise.