Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Im Confused as usual. Where is the push in Elkins game swing?
You're fine Bullet, and so are these young lady's. If they were doing something like this though, I'd be very worried about their live swings.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It does look like the 'one leg drill':
cajunpractice_zps868a6b6f.gif

Look at the front leg.
Added: I see someone already mentioned.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Interesting bc I know two of the swings they really study are bonds and this guy

bullethead, I realize this is a drill.. Like I said earlier they do establish a tight hand pivot point... The difference is AP's is happening as a result vs forcing it.

Some will say you just turn the vault handle.... Do You think AP is trying to turn the vault handle? Do You think AP could handle the rise ball?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
It does look like the 'one leg drill':
cajunpractice_zps868a6b6f.gif

Look at the front leg.
Added: I see someone already mentioned.

I would love to see the feet in this gif.

What is she doing? jumping onto their front foot?

I like to teach the angle of the barrel is directly proportional to the height of the pitch.

So dumping the barrel for the sake of swivel does not seam correct. imo.

May 4, 2012
bullethead, I realize this is a drill.. Like I said earlier they do establish a tight hand pivot point... The difference is AP's is happening as a result vs forcing it.

Some will say you just turn the vault handle.... Do You think AP is trying to turn the vault handle? Do You think AP could handle the rise ball?

I would venture to guess there's a wedge (angled block) under their back foot and they are working downstream of what you're concerned about.

I do think one of the girl's game swing is in line with your bb/a$$ emphasis whereas the other has some slack and I see the result in her hand action (at least I think I do).

Dec 29, 2010

Tds, u got the full clip of this particular swing? I never seen AP take a swing like this before. Obvisoulsy hes taking a hack at a high pitch. How many frames u left out?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What direction should one turn the vault handle? Why can't you do both? Does one have time to consciously think about doing both?

23j1zfd.gif

Last edited: