Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Uptick....
cajunpractice_zpsef9b1533.gif

Notice the 'weighted' top of the barrel of the bat. Why do you think....?
I think I see this....

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Some folks may be getting a little ahead here... I like what these lady's are doing. No elbow stall and there is direction from GO!

Now, Tubby is taking a victory lap (roll) yet he doesn't want to talk about the lack of CORNER and he doesn't want to talk about the push.

Again, I don't have an issue with what they are doing, as I see it as feeling/loading the barrel BIG.

For the rest of you that constantly preach the pull back, I'm disappointed. ;) You see? I don't see the pullback and clamp...

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You wouldn't know either....high level or barrel dump.

Let us know how it works for you... I know plenty that have been down the one legged barrel dump path.

She does have a tight hand pivot.. Unfortunately it would only work on low pitches

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Let us know how it works for you... I know plenty that have been down the one legged barrel dump path.

She does have a tight hand pivot.. Unfortunately it would only work on low pitches

It's a drill! Be like saying the happy gilmore would never work because you would be out of the box.

I am done stating the obvious, and certainly don't need to defend their program. Carry on, you do a better job of making yourself look.....

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It's a drill! Be like saying the happy gilmore would never work because you would be out of the box.

I am done stating the obvious, and certainly don't need to defend their program. Carry on, you do a better job of making yourself look.....

Was AP focusing on his barrel turn here ?

VS

Barrel turn needs to be a reaction vs a conscious action....

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Red, if you have felt it you would see it in those frames.... You will never see it until you have felt it...

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
For those of you who have been told that you need the SCIP and SCAP, and the pinched rear forearm/bicep and that your rear forearm had to be vertical, and that the rear hip grabs the barrel and blah blah blah....

And yet I still like what they are doing and see value. But it doesn't measure up to all of those BS rules... That's the truth. Oh, and it is a push. Those hands are not supported. LOL

cajunpractice_zps868a6b6f.gif