Kudos to you folks.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 30, 2013
I can’t help noting that the general knowledge and manner of presentation of the SB folks I’ve seen here sure seems to be superior to what I generally see on BB boards. I guess what I’m saying is, it seems more “civilized”. Maybe its because so many BB people figger they know everything there is to know about baseball because they played it when they were kids, but there just aren’t a lot of dads out there who played FPSB, so they actually have to read and learn things rather than accepting so many myths. ;)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I give a lot of credit to the moderators and the high-volume posters here who set the tone for DFP and on the occasions when they have to - they enforce it.

There are plenty of nasty softball boards out there. I browse a few but don't post on them.

I'll let others name them :)

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Thank you Scorekeeper (and Marriard). We work hard to maintain a civil level of discussion on DFP. The quality of the information is definitely a tribute to the members who share their knowledge and experience at all levels.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I agree - this is the nicest board around. I was on a soap making board once (soap! of all things! a hobby!) - and the "discussions" on there were downright nasty.

I ventured into a hockey forum once to look up some information for my hockey-playing nephew. Holy Cow. Now there's a nasty forum.

I follow a few DIY construction boards (my house needs constant repair). For the most part, those guys are pretty nice and extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Sorry to go off topic, but has anyone else here ever have to put the bar of soap in your mouth as punishment growing up? Man that was disgusting, but highly effective!

Sep 30, 2013
What sad is, for the most part people have forgotten how to argue, which is where all progress comes from. With so much of life now being in 140 character segments, no one has the time to actually have discussions.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
That's true, Scorekeeper - though I would say that it is very hard to argue in writing. We are going off of the written word, which is then interpreted by others who use their own bias. Another unique factor about this forum is that there have been many worthwhile discussions, and for the most part, people try to understand each other, even when our intent gets lost in our writing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii