Keeping time in the dugout.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
What is everyone using to keep track of how long is left in a timed game? I'm using my cellphone with a count down right now, but i don't want to waste the battery if i don't have to. Someone must be using something else.

Thanks!
TCD

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Got this at Wal-Mart. Superglued a piece of sheetmetal to the back so it hangs on a fence.

About and inning or so I sync mine with the umpire so I know down to the second. Has saved our bacon more than once.

0007239700535_500X500.jpg

Jan 14, 2015
Scorekeeper should be writing down the official start time as announced by the umpire in the book. With today's technology everyone's watches, phones, iPads all have the exact same time, so everyone is using the same clock. From there it's pretty simple math. It's not like the old days when we could set our watches manually and some watches might differ by a minute or two.

Remember each half inning starts when the 3rd out is made. It has nothing to do with when a pitch is thrown or anything else. Once the third out is made, the next half inning has started.

May 6, 2012
Texas
I use to have the same problem then I decided to go oldschool and just bought a watch so at the flick of a wrist boom I have the time we have left. It has one of the turning dials that lets me move it to the time so I know how much time has elapsed with out the math.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
What is everyone using to keep track of how long is left in a timed game? I'm using my cellphone with a count down right now, but i don't want to waste the battery if i don't have to. Someone must be using something else.

Thanks!
TCD

We just write the scheduled end time on the lineup board and use our watches/cell phones to know where we are.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Thanks!
TCD

I use my cell also. I always have my battery charger with though. It will charge my iphone 6 from dead in about 30 minutes. Twice.

Amazon.com: Poweradd™ Pilot 2GS 10000mAh Portable Charger with Auto Detect Technology External Battery Power Bank Fast Charging for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note 4 3, HTC One M9, Motorola, Nokia, Gopro, Mor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying