Keeping the Front Shoulder Down during Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
From last night. Pitcher was topping at 62. I’ve always taught the front foot up is the timing mechanism. Hers is up early and down well before the ball is half way. Foot up when ball is at top of circle? How would y’all address this early timing?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
From last night. Pitcher was topping at 62. I’ve always taught the front foot up is the timing mechanism. Hers is up early and down well before the ball is half way. Foot up when ball is at top of circle? How would y’all address this early timing?

She just needs to start it later.. Maybe try the WW approach (hitting plan) where you are timing fb middle/away and see if that makes a difference.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

If she’s hitting, don’t address anything until you gotta month off or at least a few weeks. I would have her load later. Make her shorten up naturally. The S load is money. Carry’s the hips forward then stretches them vertically w a good front leg and minimal frontal plane movement.

Oct 2, 2017
She always does this lol! Always starts too early. Slower pitching where’s her out
Do you think its from a forward only shift mentality? Not saying its wrong just curious of your thoughts?

Edit: W is right by doing nothing if she is hitting pretty consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi