Judge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
As opposed to what? Nobody is saying (I don't think) that when swinging at a moving ball the hands just stay put in space and just rotate about a point.. ;)
A lot of people argue against taking the hands down to the ball. A lot of people also say keep the hands high and TTB

Jun 8, 2016
A lot of people argue against taking the hands down to the ball. A lot of people also say keep the hands high and TTB
So TTB doesn't include a hand path which moves in space?? IMO problem becomes when the hands are just pushed across the body without any rotational component to them (whether that is due to an active torquing or something else).

May 12, 2016
So TTB doesn't include a hand path which moves in space?? IMO problem becomes when the hands are just pushed across the body without any rotational component to them (whether that is due to an active torquing or something else).
All I'm saying is Judge is taking his hands down to the ball... this is not an argument against TTB.

Jun 8, 2016
All I'm saying is Judge is taking his hands down to the ball... this is not an argument against TTB.
I know, I am also not arguing for it. All I am saying is that his hand path in that swing doesn't seem to be abnormal to me.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray,

In a perfect swing and viewed from the pitcher view the hands stay in the plane of the shoulders. The posture creates a tilt toward the plate and creates a lower back shoulder as the hand path is created. This creates a hand path that is down, although in a perfect swing the hands stay in the shoulder plane created by the torso tilt.

I say perfect swing because the hands can make adjustments.

May 12, 2016
Julray,

In a perfect swing and viewed from the pitcher view the hands stay in the plane of the shoulders. The posture creates a tilt toward the plate and creates a lower back shoulder as the hand path is created. This creates a hand path that is down, although in a perfect swing the hands stay in the shoulder plane created by the torso tilt.

I say perfect swing because the hands can make adjustments.
IMO his hands are in plane with his shoulders in this swing. So shoulder plane is created by torso tilt... but does the hands determine how much the torso tilts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01