Cruising speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The question would be, what were they throwing at thier team camps? If they threw the same, then they're throwing it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Keegan didn’t go to our org workout. She had thrown at an OU prospect camp on Sunday and didn’t fly in till Monday night (and even if she did I didn’t stick around to watch anyway)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
Penta was throwing 66 at 14U. Rarest of rare, cruising at 68-69 all senior year of HS and you can see what she does at Auburn. Then again, she's 6'1" and strong as a bull, same size at 14's but not as strong. At 14's when we played no one would claim their kid was near 65 on the same field as her, it was so easy to see the difference between her upper 60's and others "mid 60's"

Jun 8, 2016
At 14's when we played no one would claim their kid was near 65 on the same field as her, it was so easy to see the difference between her upper 60's and others "mid 60's"
So were the kids actually throwing mid 60’s per radar? There is no claiming in what I posted although you can certainly question the validity of the measuring device.

Also yes there is a difference between 65 and 69…hold on………after some extensive calculations i find it to be 4 mph.

Apr 28, 2014
So were the kids actually throwing mid 60’s per radar? Yes there is a difference between 65 and 69…hold on………I calculate it to be 4 mph.

Not even close. 61 maybe 62. But if they threw that speed with no fireballer around it would look really fast. Penta put it all into perspective. When I first saw her pitch at 13 years old I turned to DW and said "our kid will never play in the SEC" :)

Jun 8, 2016
Not even close. 61 maybe 62. But if they threw that speed with no fireballer around it would look really fast. Penta put it all into perspective. When I first saw her pitch at 13 years old I turned to DW and said "our kid will never play in the SEC" :)
Well yeah then they were right to shut it then 😂

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I really don't understand why parents lie about that stuff. I don't like looking like a fool..(ok doesn't stop it from happening at times, but you get the idea..)
That's the million dollar question. I sent you the GC/PR screenshot, right? That dad tells me his daughter throws 65-66 all the time. Until then, I couldn't refute him other than the eye test, which told me he was full of poop, but still wasn't conclusive.

Feb 15, 2017
That's the million dollar question. I sent you the GC/PR screenshot, right? That dad tells me his daughter throws 65-66 all the time. Until then, I couldn't refute him other than the eye test, which told me he was full of poop, but still wasn't conclusive.
When you lie to school and the numbers aren't true it is a good way to lose a scholarship offer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 21, 2018
I watched some of the top teams play a bit, and these speeds seem about what I saw. What I didn't see was much movement or off speed pitches. Out in "no mans land" where we played, the pitching seemed almost absurdly slow compared to what I was expecting.

Being my first time at Sparkler, I was kinda taken aback by how many P5 head coaches show up to watch these top players personally. I was even more surprised at how many people from these organizations came up and started talking to me for no apparent reason. Guessing they were mistaking me for someone else maybe. You would think my ratty "surprise inside" Cracker Jack t-shirt would be the first clue that I'm a nobody.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles