Cruising speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Being my first time at Sparkler, I was kinda taken aback by how many P5 head coaches show up to watch these top players personally. I was even more surprised at how many people from these organizations came up and started talking to me for no apparent reason.
What field(s) did you watch games at? Maybe they were just trying to avoid me.. :ROFLMAO:

I honestly didn't see a single P5 coach mulling around the Power Pool fields but then again I was about 250 ft away and my eyesight isn't what it used to be..(kudos for CO and the trees beyond the OF fences)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
oh and I didn't go to any games in the morning on Tues or Wed because I had to work and I left before the games on Sunday..so yeah maybe I missed them :ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2018
What field(s) did you watch games at? Maybe they were just trying to avoid me.. :ROFLMAO:

I honestly didn't see a single P5 coach mulling around the Power Pool fields but then again I was about 250 ft away and my eyesight isn't what it used to be..(kudos for CO and the trees beyond the OF fences)
I went to the Aurora park one afternoon. Going off memory, Beth Torina was there. Melissa Lombardi was there I think (going off what I think she looks like). Seemed like most of Mississippi's staff was there. I know for sure the pitching coach was, cuz I've met him before. Larissa Anderson. Not a head coach, but the girl with the cool Mohawk from UCF is easy to recognize. Someone tall from Stanford everyone but me seemed to know (maybe an assistant?).

This is a terrible re-cap, but I don't know what most coaches that aren't on TV a lot, or that I haven't been around, look like. Plus my memory sucks. Saw people from Illinois, Cal, Texas, Florida State, and a bunch mid-majors. They all seemed quite friendly with each other except for Lombardi seemed to be more of a loner.

Jun 8, 2016
I went to the Aurora park one afternoon. Going off memory, Beth Torina was there. Melissa Lombardi was there I think (going off what I think she looks like). Seemed like most of Mississippi's staff was there. I know for sure the pitching coach was, cuz I've met him before. Larissa Anderson. Not a head coach, but the girl with the cool Mohawk from UCF is easy to recognize. Someone tall from Stanford everyone but me seemed to know (maybe an assistant?).

This is a terrible re-cap, but I don't know what most coaches that aren't on TV a lot, or that I haven't been around, look like. Plus my memory sucks. Saw people from Illinois, Cal, Texas, Florida State, and a bunch mid-majors.
Ok. Unless you went on Sunday, you must have seen 16's (in which case your comments about coaches makes sense). The championship bracket on Sunday were the only Power Pool games for 14U that were at Aurora (other than the futures game Thurs night)

May 21, 2018
Ok. Unless you went on Sunday, you must have seen 16's. The championship bracket on Sunday were the only Power Pool games for 14U that were at Aurora (other than the futures game Thurs night)
That could very well be. That makes me feel a tiny bit better about things. Sunday we were on our epic run to win the "bronze division" of the open pool. 😀 I laugh about it, but considering how the week went that's actually an accomplishment. DD termed the teams early performance as the "international sh*t show."

Edit: it's a bad idea to have a bunch of your players stay in the same house, cuz if one get's sick they might all get sick.

Jun 8, 2016
I laugh about it, but considering how the week went that's actually an accomplishment. DD termed the teams early performance as the "international sh*t show."
DD's team was a clown show on Sat..cannot say that didn't motivate my "I gotta leave so I can teach my class Monday morning instead of cancelling" decision to leave Sunday morning (and of course they played better Sunday...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles