Cruising speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
View attachment 28333

Some game (median) numbers from Sparkler 14U Power pool. I think these were blast numbers so not sure how they compare to pocket radar.
I know this has been posted a thousands times before, but I'm really skeptical of these numbers. I know one of the kids on this list. My DD has faced her many times, and I would bet my thumbs she doesn't cruise at these speeds.

Feb 24, 2022
That's why I mentioned how many more we hit as a team.

Here's the great equalizer. We played at the new Adventure Crossing next to Great Adventure in NJ a few weeks ago. The turf fields are great, but four are 225' with an 8' high fence. We allowed zero HR and only hit one on those fields. We hit two when we played on the fields with the 200' fences and allowed two.
Yeah, those fences are no joke. We played the first 2 days of the TNT Showcase at a stand alone field that probably had a 250ft fence, and the outfield sloped down dramatically...no homeruns :)

Jun 8, 2016
I know this has been posted a thousands times before, but I'm really skeptical of these numbers. I know one of the kids on this list. My DD has faced her many times, and I would bet my thumbs she doesn't cruise at these speeds.
Like I said, Keegan’s number is consistent with what I have seen her clocked on a pocket radar in games. In bullpens she gets it to 68 (again I saw it with my own two eyes). Not sure what to tell you, maybe the pocket radar is off too…🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
Are you skeptical that 14u pitchers can throw between 61 and 65 mph?
Or
Skeptical of the accuracy of the equipment being used?

Jun 8, 2016
Also that Bryant kid on the list is the top rated 2027 that has been discussed and that number is consistent with what we clocked her last Nov. (between 61 and 63)

Apr 8, 2019
Are you skeptical that 14u pitchers can throw between 61 and 65 mph?
Or
Skeptical of the accuracy of the equipment being used?
Accuracy of equipment used, or perhaps some creative math from the user. Girls at the 14U level are usually pretty close to full-grown, so I don't think 65 is out of the question. I realize I'm being anecdotal, but I've seen that kid pitch a lot. First, I wouldn't put her median speed that high. But even if she somehow increased her speed significantly, I DEFINITELY wouldn't put her in the top 10 for median speed.

I didn't see her pitch that particular week, so maybe she's made a drastic change. But these stats feel more like GameChanger stats to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

Apr 8, 2019
Have you ever gunned her yourself?
Yeah. Most of our team's dads carry pocket radars around like they are cell phones. So somebody is always grabbing a few readings during the games. Sometimes friendly wagers are made (Hey, don't judge us. The games get boring after a few days)

I would estimate a median speed much closer to 60mph. She's definitely capable of hitting 63-65, but not consistently.

Feb 15, 2017
The question would be, what were they throwing at thier team camps? If they threw the same, then they're throwing it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles