Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Video bowling accuracy is in the feet.
Just a random thing online

Aug 21, 2008
Its a leap, but not a replant. A replant will always have the characteristic "hitch" in the arm circle, where the circle pauses and waits for the replant. Bahl has no such hitch. In men's pitching, it is obvious.

while I agree with you that every crow hopper has a hitch in the delivery, not everybody "hitches" at the same place. Folkard's hitch happens with his hands together during the push forward. The majority of men's pitcher's have their hitch at the 12 o'clock position with the ball and glove separated. But when you watch Adam in the videos above, his hands do not separate. He lands with his hands together, and has a fluid arm circle with no hitches. He takes crow hopping to a new level, and makes it much easier to see. This is also why he, the best pitcher in the world, never got one of those whopping contracts to pitch in Japan. They didn't allow jumping until about 2 years ago or so. He'd have been IP'd out of every game.

to see where the hitch is on Folkard (or any pitcher) watch the back foot landing. The back foot lands at the exact moment of the hitch. That's why "crow hopping" is not a problem with the feet, it's a problem of the hands. To fix a crow hop, you make the arm have not hitches and no pauses. This way the back foot cannot replant.

Jun 27, 2021
Wh
I would say shes in a gray area with replanting. The sole of her foot never touches the ground (maybe the very tips of her toes do sometimes) and her drive leg never re-straightens.

Like strike3 said she just looks "different". And she's on the best team.

My opinion is call an IP if the sole of the foot touches the ground after it leaves the rubber. Lettem leap a few inches. OR adopt WBSC rules(like the asian pitcher is doing). Cat and carda and plain et al are perfectly legal by those rules.
Alexander didn’t get it called last year or debated her that I can remember.

Jun 8, 2016
Wh

Alexander didn’t get it called last year or debated her that I can remember.
I mentioned at the beginning of the thread the discrepancy in how the board is handling Bahl vs other pitchers who leap/replant..It was more or less ignored 🤷🏽‍♂️ There is no doubt in my mind the profile of her and her team plays a part in it.

Again 1000 wrongs don’t make a right..just stating an observation.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021
I watched Gabbie Plain pitch today. She was able to maintain her zero ERA without a single toe drag. She is as blatant with it as Bahl, but I still think it's 50%+ of pitchers that don't meet the letter of the law.

May 17, 2012
I mentioned at the beginning of the thread the discrepancy in how the board is handling Bahl vs other pitchers who leap/replant..It was more or less ignored

Not just that but pitchers in general compared to other position players. When a position violates a rule and isn't called on it where is the outrage?

It's comical.

Jun 8, 2016
Not just that but pitchers in general compared to other position players. When a position violates a rule and isn't called on it where is the outrage?

It's comical.
It is pitching-centric sport so I can see why this is happening..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii