Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
What about Golf? One reason Golf is very popular is the strict adherence to the rules. I'm talking about a friggin LEAF or a few grains of sand gets moved the wrong way and people will call in from TV land to report it. I bet Rad and the other "rules are just guidelines" DFP'ers get a kick out of that.

The other thing that many like about Golf is the fact that the competitors will report themselves if they feel they may have inadvertently violated a rule. Quite the change from every other sport where the competitors are seemingly always looking for ways to circumvent the rules. It's quite refreshing to see these days. Based on what I have seen, I wouldn't want to play Golf with a lot of folks in this discussion. I think I would get pencil whipped on the scorecard if I turned my back for a second. :D
Spaulding don't count that, I was interfered with!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
So Bahl is the Patrick Reed of fastpitch?

More like the dechambeau. He took like 5 minutes to line up a putt on Sunday a few years ago.(edit: the rule is like 40 secs to 1 min per shot or something. He missed the putt also haha)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
More like the dechambeau. He took like 5 minutes to line up a putt on Sunday a few years ago.
Yeah I am not a fan of him..cannot stand the pseudo-intellectual act. I probably don’t have to worry about him for too long though since his spine is liable to pop out of his body at any time with that swing..

Feb 25, 2020
Yeah I am not a fan of him..cannot stand the pseudo-intellectual act. I probably don’t have to worry about him for too long though since his spine is liable to pop out of his body at any time with that swing..

Ya he is a little over the top. But I think he is gonna end up changing the game. Just like 70 is the new 65 in softball we're going to be seeing 200 mph ball speeds on tour.

But back to the topic the fact is golf fans want to see the best golf possible even if it takes an hour longer. Softball fans want to see the best softball possible, even if the pitchers toe is airborn for 3 inches. We dont want to see 10 walks. Thats for 10u parents.

Aug 21, 2008
I know this isn't a part of the actual subject of the thread and it's only for anyone who is interested:

When I played on the National team, we had to sign our lives away for various things: allowing ASA/USA to use our image likeness for ads, etc. etc. etc. But when it came to the drugs, USA softball follows the IOC's guidelines. While men's fastpitch was never in the Olympics, it is in the Pan Am games and has a world championship. The men's team was funded by the USOC, although I think that's changed now. Anyway, you guys would not believe the amount of "banned substances". It's feels like a small city's phone book. LOL, there's that many. Most of it isn't even actual PED's or steroids. It's the things that "mask" or hide actual PED's from testing. In 2004's Men's World championship, a USA pitcher "tested positive". But, "testing positive" doesn't necessarily mean they're on the juice. It can mean they tested positive for one of those masking agents. For example, NyQuil was on the banned list. Is that a performance enhancer? No. But something in NyQuil hides a drug that is a PED. As most of you know I have major back problems. I get shots injected for pain control. And I remember looking at the list of drugs disallowed and thinking that if I get tested, I will absolutely test positive because I am not stopping my pain meds. Believe it or not, the Pan Am games used to give beer to make people pee for the drug test. This is a true story, they gave beer. I used to... I mean I knew people who would literally cross legs and hold it in like a child needing a restroom to get 1 more beer when called on for the random tests. They would sit there and give beer after beer waiting for me, I mean someone, to pee. I am pretty sure that policy has changed too. :) Some may not believe that's true but, it is.

Anyway, since the convo digressed into PED's, I thought I'd share that story.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Sure makes ya wonder eh? Bahl definitely seems to have gotten under the skin of a few folks here on DFP, I say good for her. The inconsistent application of the "rule" is not her fault, it's not Gasso's or OU's either, nor is it the 100's (probably 1000's) of other pitchers who often show daylight under their cleats when trying to perfect their mechanics and get an out. These naysayers should focus on the positives that an athlete like her are bringing to the game.
🏆

People get attracted to the Big Shiny object and get so focused on the details of it they can lose sight of the bigger picture!

It is amazing to see the same exact discussion stick around that was part of fastpitch softball back in the 80s and the same discussion when leaping and hopping was allowed and became not. And the continued conversation of what's happened since that decision years ago.
Before the implementation of restricting pitchers. Pitchers just pitched!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55