Jeter - "Acting! Thank You!"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2010
Your thoughts on Jeter's acting job - after NOT getting hit by pitch. What would you tell your DD/players to do in this situation?

May 23, 2008
My computer is not the best, but I am not so sure it didn't hit him before the bat. When I heard about it I thought it would be more obvious. I have not instructed DD to fake it, but have talked with her about selling herself and being confident on close plays. And, if the umpire says take your base, don't look at him and go "huh?" you take your base.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
How is it different than not quite turning quick enough to get out of way of a pitch? The umpire made the call.

By the way, he admits that he wasn't hit.

What would have been funny would have been if the trainer had pulled him from the game.

In rec ball an ump might ask you. In that case, I wouldn't lie. But in the MLB, the umpires make the call.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
If an umpire awards you a base, keep your mouth closed and take it, a girl might not even know it hit her uniform.. There are usually multiple questionable calls that go both ways in every game, you will disadvantage yourself by declining yours in the name of fairness and honesty. You can bet the other team wont.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1